Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i'm 19 and i just found out... no baby daddy in the picture... no job... no money... anyone in the same boat or been there or going through that????

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM
  • 25 Replies

Any advice???

I had three positive tests... so i dont think its a false positive...

I'm living in a 2 bedroom house with 5 people i have no job and i dropped out of school... i'm scared to death and baby daddy cant find out or bad things happen... so i'm trying to figure out ideas...

Anyone in a similar situation??? I'm looking into unwed mothers homes...

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 5:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
remaining_me
by Gold Member on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:14 PM

Hi. I'm not in the same situation nor have I ever been, but I just wanted to wish you well. How far along are you?

Try finding a job now if you're early on. Even if its something small the extra money will help in the long run and even though its unfair and I'm pretty sure illegal, it will be a lot harder to find a job once you're showing, so I suggest you try and do that soon. Good luck.

KaroGreenly
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this
You have 3 options. Consider them all carefully.

Also, get a job. If you're not in school, there's no reason to not work.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pogostick
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:06 PM

um, baby daddy need to come up off of some child support...

my advice? go back to school NOW. Contact local prgnancy crisi s shelters in your area, they can help you witha place to stay. As far as a job? Good luck. Even people with diplomas and degrees that aren't pregnant can't find jobs...

Vipergirl22
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:22 PM

This

Quoting KaroGreenly:

calebsmommy13
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:52 PM

hi i'm in the same situation. I found out i was pregnant in Auguest and my baby daddy left me. I decided to keep the baby and i went to social services and got help with food stamps and i also got put on wic. i wish you all the luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HizzPrincess
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 7:56 PM
See a dr as soon as possible, contact local shelters for moms, try to get back into school or get a job. When the time comes if u decide to keep the baby file for child support
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MandiFuego
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 8:32 PM

Wow, it sounds like your safety might be in question with your child's father? I'd suggest you NOT try to get child support from him. But contact the health department. You can get on WIC and foodstamps. I'm not sure what state you're in but you might even be able to apply for section 8, or at least get housing if you don't like your current living situation. And you SERIOUSLY need to go to the health dept, like ASAP they can get you on a prenatal vitamin and get your other  prenatal stuff dealt with at one time (you might want to actually go, and not just call, because the health dept is usually a very busy place) W/e they ask you, be HONEST. They can help you. You might not want to look for a job just yet, as you might have  high risk pregnancy as well as, although illegal, most places will not hire someone pregnant. Good luck. If you'd like to talk please contact me. I had my son at 13 in a difficult situation so i'll try to help you anyway I can.

.Angelica.
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Quoting KaroGreenly:

Lilmomma0410
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:47 PM
I was in the same boat at 19.i was preggo, no job, kicked out of my sister and my sons father up and left...social services will help you with everything housing food insurance and finding a job. I truely lucked out because even though I put my parents through hell the 5 years prior they forgave me and helped me get on my feet...if you thinking about school I would suggest going just for a certificate ( cosmotology, early child ed, ect. Look at you community college) once your baby is born you will be givin all the finacial aid your allowed. My biggest piece of advice is talk to your family.
mybabiestears
by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 9:51 PM

I agree with this part...

Quoting KaroGreenly:

****Also, get a job. If you're not in school, there's no reason to not work.****

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)