Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

mom of a 13 month old and 4/12 months pregnant!

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi everyone! My names Nadine and i am 19 (turning 20 next month) Ive been married for 7 months but have been with my honey for almost 4 years. We have a beautiful 13 month old son named Gavin, & i am pregnant with our second child, due on June 19th. My husband has recently enlisted in the army and is leaving for basic and ait on may 1st. Ill be by myself for the first 4 months of our youngest ones life. Just wanting to get any advice from other young mothers who have 2 children less than two years apart and how they're experience has been! My 1 year old has found his own personality along with attitude, so i can only imagine what to expect with TWO! lol. Looking forward to your responses!

by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
1arianna6
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:39 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nadinebates92
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 3:52 PM

what does "bump" mean?

AmyRenee1
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 4:28 PM

BUMP!

coupon_ash_back
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 4:34 PM
1 mom liked this
I had my girls 17 months apart. They are very close to each other,it is sweet. Believe it or not having a toddler and a newborn was much easier for me than it is now. I have a two and three year old. The toddler phase has been so difficult,I cry a lot! that might just be my situation so don't let that scare you. It is more good tha bad. Just think about the positives with them being in the same stage in life later on..such as,going to school,potty training etc. I rather have two pottytraining than one kid that still is while the other is like 7 and already in school! kwim? that's just me though...I despised me and my sisters 5 year gap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jjjtuck
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump keeps the post alive. My son is currently 19 months and I'm 6 months pregnant. I too will be alone for the first 6 months of little ones life as my hubby is in the AF and deploying soon. Do you have a strong support system? Family or friends you can count on for help? The oldest might fell a little put out or curious. My little loves babies and will have the attention of his Grammie for the 1 st month. But until my little one gets here won't know for sure :) nervous and excited.
Schaiswife09
by Member on Jan. 17, 2012 at 4:39 PM
1 mom liked this

My name is brittney. I am a 23 year old sahm to two children under 3. My dd was 10 months old when I got pregnant with my second child. The pregnancy was hard for me because I had hyperemisis the first 5 months and I was still sick the rest of the pregnancy. Once my son was born I had a rough time since I was recovering from a c section and couldn't pick up my daughter. It is a challenge to get used to life with two children but eventually I got into a routine. Now my daughter is two and my son is a year old and they are both running around and getting into everything so it is definately harder now that they are older. Life with two is hard but definately manageable lol

mamajuggy
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Hello Hello. I can definitely say i relate. Im 19 and will be 20 in a couple months. My significant other and i aren't married yet but are engaged and have been together for 6 years. I had my second son 2 day's before my first son's FIRST birthday. So my boys are only 363 days apart. My first sons birthday is December 29th 2010 then my second came on December 27th 2011. My experience has definitely been tough. Once my second son came it was like my first son went straight to the terrible two's. He's very jealous almost all the time and seeks attention in the worst ways. Two is a learning experience. I'm a stay at home mom so i know how it is being at home with both kids alone all day everyday. I struggled the first couple weeks but im learning routine is a big help.

B-FigNewton
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Congrats on your pregnancy! :)

Good luck to you, and that is amazing of your husband. I am currently pregnant with my 4th and final, and I have a 13 month old! I'm due in March. When my daughter was 17 months old we had our 3rd child, so I anticipate about the same from this one being so close. It was a little hectic, but once you have a schedule and find that balance everything gets much better!

MamaX2NWife
by on Jan. 17, 2012 at 11:14 PM

Welcome its nice to meet you! im ashley!

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Jan. 19, 2012 at 12:45 PM
Bump - Bring up my post. :)

Quoting nadinebates92:

what does "bump" mean?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)