Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Went to the doctors today....

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM
  • 16 Replies

I went to the doctors today and they said i'm dialated to a 2! Woo hoo! Labor hasn't started yet or anything and I know that doesn't mean that it can come any time soon but it made me really happy to hear that! Just to know that progress is being made made me really happy (:

Also did any one have pops? My doctor says I have a skin reaction to my pregnancy and adjusting to the hormones... It is SUPER itchy If any one had this did you do anything for it to stop it from itching?

CafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 2:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rachelandharper
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:06 PM
I had pups. It was terrible! I took oatmeal baths, they helped for like 5 mins. nothing worked. Mine was so bad my doctor put me on steroids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Little.Laurie
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:13 PM

Whoops. I though he said pops. They are terrible. I was told to take a sodium bath. That worked for about 5 minutes too. They are terrible. I didn't know what it was so I kept itching to the point where they would bleed and now I know what it is and I just keep thinking I won't itch I won't itch but it's difficult!

Quoting rachelandharper:

I had pups. It was terrible! I took oatmeal baths, they helped for like 5 mins. nothing worked. Mine was so bad my doctor put me on steroids.

CafeMom Tickers
gabrielat
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:31 PM
I didn't have pups but earlier in my pregnancy I had a really bad reaction to the prenatal pills I was taking. My skin was super itchy all the time and I'd scratch until I started bleeding. The only think he gave me for it were some pills that are like Benadryl to help me sleep and I switched my prenatals. But he said if my itchiness doesn't stop, he would give me a shot of steroids. The good thing is at least you're almost done so your skin can go back to normal :). How much longer do are you supposed to have until your due date?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Never had it, glad your appointment went well though!!

rachelandharper
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 3:40 PM
Ah I knoww. My boyfriend had to keep smacking my hands away, so I wouldnt scratch. I would wake myself up at night bc the.scratching. whens your due date?

Quoting Little.Laurie:

Whoops. I though he said pops. They are terrible. I was told to take a sodium bath. That worked for about 5 minutes too. They are terrible. I didn't know what it was so I kept itching to the point where they would bleed and now I know what it is and I just keep thinking I won't itch I won't itch but it's difficult!

Quoting rachelandharper:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 4:28 PM

hope baby comes soon

Little.Laurie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Oh gosh that's terrible!! I have only 8 more days until my due date and they recently just showed up so I don't think the doctor is going to give me anything unless it gets too bad. I'm hoping it doesn't get any worse!

Quoting gabrielat:

I didn't have pups but earlier in my pregnancy I had a really bad reaction to the prenatal pills I was taking. My skin was super itchy all the time and I'd scratch until I started bleeding. The only think he gave me for it were some pills that are like Benadryl to help me sleep and I switched my prenatals. But he said if my itchiness doesn't stop, he would give me a shot of steroids. The good thing is at least you're almost done so your skin can go back to normal :). How much longer do are you supposed to have until your due date?

CafeMom Tickers
Little.Laurie
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:37 PM

They are terrible! I swear all last night I kept a bottle of lotion with some aloe vera and oatmeal in it to try and sooth it but it only lasts for a little while :/ I'm due February 16th. Not much longer which I am glad about. I don't know if I can handle much more of this itching!

Quoting rachelandharper:

Ah I knoww. My boyfriend had to keep smacking my hands away, so I wouldnt scratch. I would wake myself up at night bc the.scratching. whens your due date?

Quoting Little.Laurie:

Quoting rachelandharper:

CafeMom Tickers
rachelandharper
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 3:49 PM
Mine went away a week or so before my daughter came. So I hope it goes away soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Good to hear your appointment went well, maybe you will see that baby soon! I have never experienced the itching, but a mom in my due date group has and she doesn't find relief either
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)