Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Please help!!! Young mom advice needed!

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

I have a lot of questions. My fiance and I JUST found out we are pregnant and I am super happy but also worried. I don't have insurance right now. I need to get it from the state asap but I'm not sure where to start. I also thik I should apply for welfare but I'm not sure how to do that either. Can someone please please please help me?

by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heather4511
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM
I had a social worker when I first got on state aid. We have what's called an Economic Support office in WI and they set you up with a worker who helps you apply for everything. Congrats and good luck :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kbank67
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Social worker or go to ur local health department & they will also help set u up with resources :) don't worry it'll all be fine.!! Congratss :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:01 PM

We have a thing called dshs we have to apply for I was on it when I was pregnant and my dd has insurance through and that is only because we couldn't live on what my dh would have left if he had her on his insurance and I am an SAHM so I don't have insurance but will get it again if I have another kid.

bwsmommy
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:03 PM
Call your health dept . They should set you up for wic and whatever else (state ins food stamps ect .. ) you should need .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bigmama423
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:08 PM

Quoting bwsmommy:

Call your health dept . They should set you up for wic and whatever else (state ins food stamps ect .. ) you should need .

I agree. Going to the state for assistance will be able to help you and point you in the right direction. Each state is different so I can't really help with any other advice..

tatoo_mommy
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I live in Wisconsin so this would help alot! Thanks!

lovealot0587
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:38 PM

you should be able to look online and maybe even complete some of the forms online... at least online will be able to tell you what info you need to apply for help..... congrats on the baby

littleinsect
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:41 PM

congratulations! i wish i could help but i don't have any advice other then what these lovely girls have told you. 

Hanab818
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:44 PM
In my state it the department of children and family that does Medicaid. You could just google what assistance you need because most applications like everything else is done online.
PZRM
by on Feb. 7, 2012 at 10:55 PM
The majority of state assistance things require a pretty universal list of stuff that they wanna see. Things like: id, ss cards, proof of pregnancy(for getting insurance, look into a low-cost/free clinic to get an early ultrasound, it counts.), proof of address, proof of income, prood of bills (sometimes) and probably one or two other things i can't think of. lol. But congratulations!!! How exciting!! Sounds like you're lookin in the right direction for all the preperations. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)