Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dont tell me I cant

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM
  • 35 Replies
So today was visiting day with my family at my moms house. I want talking about the things I plan to do when baby comes. Like I plan to breastfeed again and I want to try cloth diapering at home. My aunt and mom were sitting there telling me "i give it a couple weeks before you turn the diapers into spit rags" and saying that "that's what formula is for" since neither of them ever breastfed. I wish they would be more supportive. But no matter what, those are the things I want to do with my baby and I will!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SophiasMommy911
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:54 PM
If its what you want then do it mama! Don't let anyone bring you down :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Oh I won't! I just wish they would be on board, you know. Who wouldn't want close family be excited about decisions

Quoting SophiasMommy911:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SophiasMommy911
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:00 PM
I agree 100% some people just don't get it. I hope they turn their attitudes around and support you!

Quoting heather4511:

Oh I won't! I just wish they would be on board, you know. Who wouldn't want close family be excited about decisions

Quoting SophiasMommy911:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bensbabygirl
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:13 PM

Stick to what you want!!! Dont let them get you down :) I think breastfeeding is a beautiful thing and im going to try it when I have my little one in july

jnttd
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:16 PM
My family said the same things. We're still breastfeeding and cloth diapering now at 19mos and I'm pregnant with baby number 2.
Breastfeeding is THE best thing for your baby and you. The trick is to not say you're going to try, but say you WILL. You have to tell yourself that you will not accept exceptions and will do what it takes to keep you and baby on track.
Get some support here on CM. So many moms do it, there's no reason you can't if you stay firm in your will to do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stinkylover
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 1:17 PM
2 moms liked this
thats right sister put ur foot down and keep it down:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ang3leyesz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:18 PM
I breast feed both my kids and its the best feelin ever thats wen u bond with the child. Dont let no one tell u u cant do it ok if u want to breast feed I say "GO FOR IT" wish you luck girl <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ang3leyesz
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:20 PM
Wow thats good I breast feed my son until he was 18 months and my daughter im still breast feedin shes 9months I love breast feedin :)

Quoting jnttd:

My family said the same things. We're still breastfeeding and cloth diapering now at 19mos and I'm pregnant with baby number 2.

Breastfeeding is THE best thing for your baby and you. The trick is to not say you're going to try, but say you WILL. You have to tell yourself that you will not accept exceptions and will do what it takes to keep you and baby on track.

Get some support here on CM. So many moms do it, there's no reason you can't if you stay firm in your will to do it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BaileeAnn
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 2:23 PM

I love cloth diapers! They are so cute!I use them at night. all other diapers blowout .

a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:01 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree with you. If you want to breastfeed go ahead same with cloth diapering. Don't let them infulence something you feel so strongly about. Did you express your feelings on why you would like to do each thing? I won't lie my BD side was the complete opposite trying to force me into breastfeeding and I wasn't going to feel bad over what I couldn't do. Good luck to you and just remember it will always be up to you. Whatever works for you, go for it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)