Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need to vent & i need to cry.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM
  • 37 Replies

I am 34 weeks pregnant with my second child. My daughter will be one on Feb 25th. Im due march 20. My husband just left on a 6 month deployment and wont be back til july.  I moved out of my house, and in with my grandma so i would have help and i could save money. Now im thinking it was the worst idea ever.

My grandma is 67 years old. Lately all she does is complain about what hurts, and how she doesnt feel good. I feel like my feelings dont matter at all.  Doesnt matter that im hurting because she says im 20 so it doesnt count. Doesnt matter that im pregnant, because im 20 it should be easy for me. 

Her house is a complete mess from me moving in. I just spent 4 days moving out of my house and cleaning.. She helped me.  Now im trying to get her house clean but apparently im treating her like crap, because i dont understand shes 67 years old. Hello i understand.. I also understand im due in 6 weeks and we are having a birthday party in 2 weeks for my daughter at her house.. So im trying to get stuff done. 

I turned to my sister for support and she went off on me and said well you are treating her like shit. HOW?

Everyones against me. They dont even know that im holding in my emotions about my hubby not being here, but of course that doesnt matter you know cause im 20. 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momma201116
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 7:57 PM
I may not understand but I'm 19 and I had my first in october 2011. I'm engaged to my hubby and everything is good. If u need to vent message me I can listen
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MarriedYoung
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:09 PM

I have the exact same due date and am 19 and UNDERSTAND the pain you are in!! IT SUX!!!! and i am younger then you so it should be "easier"...BS!!

Maybe there is part of the story I don't see that your family does but if you are trying to clean everything up and are not just sitting around expecting your grandma to do everything I'm not seeing what you are doing wrong?? And like you said you are also dealing with your hubs being gone!! I don't see how you are being a brat in any way. So you have one person on your side even if its just online!!

Deannalin91
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:14 PM

My sister said im treating her like crap because im expecting my grandma to help and she doesnt want to. Im just like i am suppose to be throwing a party for my daughter here in two weeks and theres so much crap to clean and put away.. But ive decided to give up on the party. I cant do it if its gunna be this stressful. I feel like i need to rethink about living here. Im not sure it was a good idea.

Vipergirl22
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:21 PM

hugs

MarriedYoung
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:42 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Deannalin91:

My sister said im treating her like crap because im expecting my grandma to help and she doesnt want to. Im just like i am suppose to be throwing a party for my daughter here in two weeks and theres so much crap to clean and put away.. But ive decided to give up on the party. I cant do it if its gunna be this stressful. I feel like i need to rethink about living here. Im not sure it was a good idea.

She helped you clean out your house so it's not like she can't do it. Now I would see if you wanted to clean like from the time you woke up till you went to sleep yea that is exhasting for everyone.

I would rethink it. It might just be easier on everyone to have your own space.

CafeMom Tickers
BeachMama05
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 8:47 PM

hugs! 

Deannalin91
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:05 PM

Quoting MarriedYoung:

i just asked if we could start cleaning. I just wanted to get at least one room cleaned would take us an hour. But noo that ws too much to ask.. and because i asked its considered me treating her bad.

Quoting Deannalin91:

She helped you clean out your house so it's not like she can't do it. Now I would see if you wanted to clean like from the time you woke up till you went to sleep yea that is exhasting for everyone.

I would rethink it. It might just be easier on everyone to have your own space.

RaLaa
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:10 PM

I'm sorry you're going through that, it sounds terrible :( I can somewhat relate. My husband leaves in April, I have a 2 1/2 year old and my baby#2 is due in July. I thought about staying with my parents for help and to save money and also, be less lonely while my husband is gone. My mom and I butt heads a lot and I'm worried if I move in, I'll regret it and be stuck. My family has a habit of blaming everything on me, saying I brought things upon myself. Good luck with your grandma...

KayelynnsMama
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:49 PM

Just keep you're head up and try to not stress... Easier said than done, I know. Good luck with unpacking and everything. And congrats on your daughter turning one and the new baby on the way!!

a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 9:50 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't see where you did anything wrong. She needs to realize you have a lot going on with yourself as well. I'm just wondering though did she offer to have you move in type of deal? Was she like "hey if you like stay with me for help?" Well something along those lines. Because if she did then you really honestly did nothing wrong. I mean if you begged her and she was against it I could understand a slight frustration but still not enough for everyone to take it out on a young pregnant mom. I heard that all the time though being younger somehow makes you invincible with pregnancy and such. Funny how that happens huh we are too young to be good moms but we are young enough that we should be able to handle anything.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)