Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

:) Update on:What should I do...I really need help.... :'(

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:01 PM
  • 5 Replies

Sorry it has been a while,but we are finally in a new place and away from my mom,my 3 year old daughter is adjusting and it hasn't been easy she still throws a temper tantrum and screams for her grandma & grandpa,but my parents and I haven't been getting along they will not return my phone calls and I will not go over there do to the fact they expressed how they didn't want to see my face ever again.

I have been upset,but not about my parents about my 3 year old daughter she acts like she hates me and with the new baby she looks at her and hates me even more I know she isn't the only child to hate her parents for having another baby,but it's also that she screams for her grandma and grandpa day and night it makes me cry....Does she understand I am her mommy that I will protect  her and make sure nothing happens to her,I try to distract her with toys and movies,but it doesn't do a thing and I get busy with my 3 month old and I don't want to abanon her Because of my 3 year old. Advise please?? 

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:08 PM

I don't know what happened between you and your parents. Did you live with them prior so she's just used to seeing them daily and it might be strange for her to adjust now? I don't have 2 kids of my own but When I babysat for a friend who had 2 small children I would try and include the older one to help with his little sister. I would ask him to come over and hand me her toys or he could "help" me change her by giving me wipes. He liked to hold her bottle. I tried to include them both in activities whenever possible. I know this isn't easy to do, but I do believe it will help a change. Girls at that age love to think they are just as responsible. I would suggest giving her more options. Like pick out 3 things you don't mind her doing and give her the choice of which one she does.

a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Also I believe she knows you are mommy and that you love her immensely she's just going through a phase in her young life where she feels a jealousy. She clearly knows you are in charge and is taking the anger out on you because you created a change she hasn't been able to settle into yet. With time i don't see this being much of an issue at all. good luck.

JennyRod11
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:19 PM

well I did live with my mom but,my mom tried to take her from me and tell her that she is mommy (alienating me from her) and saying that I can't take her with me,but in past post I got some confidence and left with my daughter,but she has been screaming ever since

JennyRod11
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:21 PM

Oh and thanks for the advise.. :)

Quoting a5hl3yC:

Also I believe she knows you are mommy and that you love her immensely she's just going through a phase in her young life where she feels a jealousy. She clearly knows you are in charge and is taking the anger out on you because you created a change she hasn't been able to settle into yet. With time i don't see this being much of an issue at all. good luck.

a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 11:25 PM

Oh ok I didn't see that post. If she had enough time to put that into her brain it will take a little while to clear her from those thoughts. But luckily she's young enough that it will fade away. My friend served in Iraq and the father of their son was terrible. She was gone for nearly a year and in that time he tried to replace her with his new woman and wouldn't let them talk on the phone. He wasn't close to her for a few months when she got back he had some anger. But it faded and they are very close now.

Good for you. I'm glad you got yourself out of the situation.

Quoting JennyRod11:

well I did live with my mom but,my mom tried to take her from me and tell her that she is mommy (alienating me from her) and saying that I can't take her with me,but in past post I got some confidence and left with my daughter,but she has been screaming ever since

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)