Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a mommy car? *piog

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM
  • 37 Replies
Is there a such thing for moms with 2 or more kiddos? I told my sister i wanted a charger and she said "Ki'ana, thats not a car for moms. Whatcha need with that car? Where my neices gonna be?" So is there a such thing as a mommy car? What do you ladies have?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mrs.KS
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I drive a 5 speed Nissan Altima... I have the big wing already shipped... have the tip to get put on the exhaust... and my next big order is a body kit.... I own a minivan but don't drive it unless necessary... my husband has a Toyota Corolla that he drives back and forth to work... we have two daughters. I don't go for "mom" vehicles... I drive what I want...so you should get what you would like to have!

LucyHarper
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 1:53 AM

My stepsons babysitter drives a charger, she watches him along with her daughter and another child while we are at work, while we work and she fits all three kids in their boosters in the back just fine. We have an old pickup truck, my husband needs it for work to transport tools and materials. I dont really need my own car, I drive his or get a ride or walk, we have other more important expenses at the moment. When I do get one someday, which will probably be soon because we are trying to have a baby and cant fit three kids in the back safely, I was thinking of a dodge or an old volvo or chrysler, they are more expensive so I would have to get an old one, but they are built to last and volvo's have great safety ratings. I saw a 1999 volvo s70 for about $1500, so we are considering something like that. I've never been one for a big "mom car."

PZRM
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 4:11 AM
I don't believe in "mom" vehicles. lol. My mom has a 2000 Ford Taurus station wagon which she is lending to me (i hate it) and it has 8 seats, which is cool, but whatever. And my friends mom has a Tahoe. If you want a "mom" vehicle w/out goin minivan i would say get an suv. :)

My baby rides around in a 2011 Mustang. lol. But there's only room for 4 ppl total including babies. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyJill87
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:18 AM
I don't think there is a point you really need a mom car, you have whatever fits you and your family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyJill87
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM
Oh yeah...we just got a 2011 Dodge Grand Caravan ...not cause I felt we had to but with 3 kids ect it felt right and I loooove it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathleen69699
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:20 AM
Quoting Mrs.KS:

I drive a 5 speed Nissan Altima... I have the big wing already shipped... have the tip to get put on the exhaust... and my next big order is a body kit.... I own a minivan but don't drive it unless necessary... my husband has a Toyota Corolla that he drives back and forth to work... we have two daughters. I don't go for "mom" vehicles... I drive what I want...so you should get what you would like to have!

Kathleen69699
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:22 AM
Quoting Mrs.KS:

BostonMomma08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:24 AM
1 mom liked this
I only have one child, but I drive a 2004 Dodge Stratus. Not my dream car by any means, but it gets us from point A to point B and it's safe and reliable, so that's all I can really ask for... I don't believe in mom cars really. If you need a larger car for a larger family then I totally understand that, but if you only have one or two children then what's the issue driving what you want as long as your kiddos are safe? The fact that you should buy something just because your a mom and it's the norm just doesn't fly with me...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMama05
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 8:52 AM

I want a mom car...lol really though I would love a mini van. We have a honda accrord and a dodge durrango.-It can fit 5 or 6 in the back ( not sure what the 3rd row fits) but its very compact!

heather4511
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM
It's not really a "mom" car, but they look spacious. i think the insurance would stink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)