Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long were you...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM
  • 256 Replies

Poll

Question: How long were you with your babies father before getting pregnant?

Options:

0-6 months

6-12 months

1-2 years

2-3 years

3-4 years

4-5 years

5+

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 213

View Results

I was just wondering because I myself have been asked this question what feels like a million times. How long were you with the babies father before getting pregnant? I'm not setting this up to judge anyone, I just feel like some girls would feel better themselves seeing it isn't just them it's happened to many others. I was with my DF for 6-7 months before conceiving so we hit our year mark just a few months before she was born.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HizzPrincess
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM
I was with df for almost 2 yrs when we concieved dd1 3yrs with dd2 and we have been together for 5yrs and im expecting our 3rd
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Newmommy0711559
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:03 PM

I was with my Daughters Sperm Donor for 3 years, Left him before i knew i was pregnant due to Abusive reasons

Jennifer_57
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM
My daughters father came in the picture when she was about 18 mo. Her sperm donor is a POS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovelyMama82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM
I was with my boyfriend 2 months. We had our ds 20 days before our 1 year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AylaKay
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM
From the day we started dating to the day I got pregnant...1month 5days :/ too early on in the relationship, while I dont regret my daughter one single bit, it definately would have been nice to have some 'us' time before and maybe strengthen OUR relationship. But, everything happens for a reason ;) we've been together 14months as of today, babygirl will be 4months this saturday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CabinMommyNH
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:07 PM
About 11months.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM

That is amazing. I'm not saying young couples can't make a relationship last it just seems like so many people already doubt it before it goes anywhere. That's really good though. Here's to another 5 :) And to another happy and healthy baby.

Quoting HizzPrincess:

I was with df for almost 2 yrs when we concieved dd1 3yrs with dd2 and we have been together for 5yrs and im expecting our 3rd

a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM

I'm so sorry to hear that. Good for you though on leaving him. Most woman don't have that inner strength to put an end to it. You did what was best for your family. Do you have any idea what you will tell you daughter as she gets older or have you mentioned it to her?

Quoting Newmommy0711559:

I was with my Daughters Sperm Donor for 3 years, Left him before i knew i was pregnant due to Abusive reasons

a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM

At least she has someone now she can consider a true father. Just because you are part of the creation does not give any mother or father enough reason to recieve credit. Luckily for myself my DD has a wonderful dad who takes amazing care of us. His loss. Not yours.

Quoting Jnnifer_57:

My daughters father came in the picture when she was about 18 mo. Her sperm donor is a POS

a5hl3yC
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:14 PM

For it to be 2 months and you made it a year that's awesome :) The true test isn't about "if a guy gets a girl pregnant" it's how he handles those 9 months and then the 18 years afterwards on if he should be considered a father or not. I feel like most mothers just automatically take charge right away.

Quoting LovelyMama82:

I was with my boyfriend 2 months. We had our ds 20 days before our 1 year.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)