Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Just Told Parents

Posted by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM
  • 9 Replies

This was the hardest thing I ever imagined having to do (even though I'm 21). My parents believe in waiting until marriage to have sex, so of course, my being PREGNANT and not married is a shocker. They haven't said much, just trying to process it I think, but it's killing me kind of for them not to say anything. I don't know what to expect, but I feel so much relief (I've been holding it in for over a month). Plus, my sister actually went through the same situation, except she was a teenager.

Also, it doesn't help that the father hasn't had much to say about the situation. Of course, he said the typical, "Are you sure I'm the father?" and then said not to worry and we'll work things out. It would be easier to believe that if he actually made an effort to call, but I'm preparing myself for either situation, either he'll help raise our baby or just be a check - daddy.

Well, I just needed to get that out. Take care ppls.

by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Mom_of_Grace
by on Feb. 15, 2012 at 10:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Aww I'm sorry hun. It will get easier with your parents. Once they see that baby their hearts will melt. My parents were shocked as well, but they love having grandbabies now.

Hopefully the daddy will come around.

Congrats on your baby!

BeachMama05
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this

hang in there. Your parents should come around.

doll0302
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I know the silence sucks, but i bet when they get used to the idea, that baby will be spoiled! You stay strong, and please remember to enjoy every moment. This is the only time you will get to enjoy being pregnant for the first time. Take it all in. Good luck mama. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 3:23 PM
2 moms liked this

I'm glad you told your parents.  Hopefully they're just processing things and will be there 100% to support you, and your little one, through this experience.

MiCHELLEx
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:40 PM
2 moms liked this

first telling your parents is the hardest thing when you know they are going to be disapproving at first. im sure they will come around, my mom HATED me for the first 4 months of my pregnancy.. but guess whose her favorite person now? MY DAUGHTER! (im 5 weeks pregnant with number two, other than that, my daughter is the only grandchild she has lol)

i was 16 when i had my daughter.. youre 21, youre alot more mature (im POSITIVE) than i was when i was having a baby at 16. youre an adult now. good luck mama, have a happy and healthy 9 months. i hope your parents do come around

coupon_ash_back
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I hope it all goes good from here on out :)

you're 21, that's a adult, so it shouldn't be much of a problem.

there's a loophole in my opinion for the premarital stuff.. if someone goes out of state/country for a honeymoon and has sex, technically they are not married. only in their state lol

hope that made you feel better, or at least crack up a little bit :)

MsCourtney1990
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Thank you all for the comments, I really appreciate the encouragement. I'm sure my parents will come around too. Since I've told more ppl about my pregnancy, it's been a real help also and I've been more able to enjoy my pregnancy. Plus, whenever I hear my baby's heartbeat it brings an automatic smile to my face no matter what lbs! I'm glad I can finally enjoy this time!

MsCourtney1990
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Lol o wow that's funny

charliebean
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 10:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know what to say about your BF being kinda noncommittal, but I can tell you that your parents will come around. My mother is a very old-fashioned Christian woman and I was so nervous about telling her because I knew she would just be crushed that I was pregnant out of wedlock. She was kinda distant for a while (getting her bearings, I assume), but once she warmed up to the fact that she was going to be a grandma, she became a whole new person and now she is DD's number one fan. I think grandchildren are some of the most powerful creatures on earth, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN