Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Wedding & Baby Shower & New baby?

Posted by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:39 PM
  • 22 Replies

I am currently engaged & we have been engaged for a year now. I am also 6 months pregnant. I wanted to be married before having babys but it didn't work out like that. But now I am being told tha we should still get married before the baby comes.

I already have to plan my baby shower which is in April. I have to plan for my new baby who is due in June. I don't know if I can also plan a wedding in all of this chaos. & I refuse to just get married in a court house for personal reasons.

Any Advice?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 2:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:13 PM

If you aren't ready to plan a wedding right now and are happy with the way things are at the moment, and you want to focus more on baby, etc. then I say do what makes you happy!  :)

JcRose18
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:25 PM

Thank you! I would love to plan my wedding its just a matter that I have three months left until my little one comes & I want to be prepared as possible for her! (:

Hanab818
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:34 PM
Quoting amonkeymom:

If you aren't ready to plan a wedding right now and are happy with the way things are at the moment, and you want to focus more on baby, etc. then I say do what makes you happy!  :)

I agree with this. Just because ppl say you should doesn't mean you have to. It not like waiting to get married till after the baby comes and you and your fiancée get into a set rutiene (sp) will kill you.
JcRose18
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:36 PM

Very true. I think I'm just more annoyed because it is my grandma who keeps telling me this. Whats worse I told her my baby girl would have my fiance's last name & her response was "not unless you two are married" It's not her baby & She has no place to talk yet she still feels the need to voice her opinion!

heather4511
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:39 PM
I think you could wait. And planning a wedding might take away from the baby excitement. Take one major life event at a time. Plus, now this is just my opinion, but I would not want to be wearing a dress on my special day..while pregnant. Grandma is just old fashioned and thats how they did it. Couples of the 21st century are way different
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JcRose18
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Exactly I want to feel pretty & comfortable on my wedding day not huge and in discomfort. The sad thing is its not like she is i her 60's she is only like 52 or something lol

bigmama423
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I say you wait since you have so much going on. To old folks it's a big deal about being married first, but in reality what's the big deal or difference?? If you are happy now than continue on. I got married 1 month after I had my first son. We have now been married for 7 years and have 4 babies now!! :) 

memekisses
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:45 PM
We were told the same thing when I was pregnant and I made it clear that I was gonna wait until after our daughter was born. Stick to your guns ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JcRose18
by on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Quoting memekisses:

We were told the same thing when I was pregnant and I made it clear that I was gonna wait until after our daughter was born. Stick to your guns ;)

Yes I'm definitely sticking to my uns on this one! It's our life not hers lol & we do plan on getting married just not until next year (:

Peachy34500
by Bronze Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 4:52 PM
i was in the same situation wheen i was preg with dd, i told everyone we were waiting, and we did, we split up, and i met someone new a few yrs later, we got engaged in dec '10, found out we were prego this past oct, and got married this past dec, i as 12 wks along, i dont regret it, but that was my decision... dont let anyone pressure you, get married after baby is here, then she can be part of ur special day too! =)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)