Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Problems with the daddy

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM
  • 15 Replies

I guess I will start at the beginning. I am 17 years old, and my boyfriend of a year and a half is 18. We are expecting a baby the end of June. My boyfriend has never once had a job. Never even attempted. His mother literally gives him everything he wants. She bitches when he asks, but always gives in. I on the other hand have been working since I turned 16 last June. I was just working at Goodwill, and when I got pregnant had to quite due to the lifting I would have to do. I have tried to find other easy jobs, but no one will hire me now.

The problem? My boyfriend has still yet to try to get a job. Im getting really concerned that he isnt going to get one, and as soon as the baby is born, I will have to get a job. He does go to college, but not all day. he goes at 8 in the morning, and is back in town by 3. Leaving the rest of the day to work....but no. I have brought this up to him many times, and so does his mom. All he says is dont worry ill get a job. Nothing yet.

We do have all the big things for the baby, thanks to me. He hasnt bought one things for the baby.  But he says when he gets his extra money from the financial aid, he will get stuff. I hate that he is relying on college money for our baby. Guess that gets him off the hook for getting a job??

Did any of you have a similar problem with the daddy? What did you do about it? And how was the issue resolved?

Thanks!! (:

Baby Ciampi;
June 30th.<3

by on Feb. 24, 2012 at 11:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SunshineStarry
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this
My baby daddy is damn 23 and dont want to work lol i feel your pain. If hes not dependable now he wont be later. If he wanted to work he would. He just simply dosent want to. Especially if hes not putting in applications. Is there someone else you know that will help like your parents? Child support is the only sure way... Just dont put no weight on him and u wont fall through. There plenty of help out there for you. I mean im just now getting it through my head i just might be best off alone without bd just me and my daughter. Have a serious talk with him and see if the same is for you...no sence in wasting your time anymore. And maybe he would be more adamant if his mom cut him off. Talk to her as well. Step on toes girl. Your having his baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aritoyh
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this

If you can't count on him to provide now, don't expect things to magically change once the baby comes. If you think it will you are fooling yourself. That said, I was 21 and he was 20 when we had our first and he took on a second job to make sure we had everything we needed. 

Shy_Dia
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:09 AM
1 mom liked this

i dont think he'll change either! i guess i'd talk to him again... take him to the store, show him the prices of everything. diapers, wipes, formula, clothes, baby food, etc... call around and get prices for the daycare. you'll be working, he'll be in school-- who'll watch the baby, ya know. money doesnt come outta thin air and sadly, college money doesnt last that long either!

that being said-- i learned to never depend on BD. my baby is now 6 and we rarely got child support (court ordered) from him (about 3 months per year for 2 years).

what is he going to school for? maybe he wants to concentrate on school in order to get a high paying/benefit job...? i mean, not that its right, but i could see the logic in it. he still needs to get a job, IMO

bigmama423
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Luckily I did not, and never have. My husband has always worked, he works and I stay at home with our babies. 

I hope your boyfriend comes around sooner than later!!! That sucks that he's not stepping up. You will definitely need the money babies are freaking expensive!! :/

Payne6543
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 1:15 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting SunshineStarry:

My baby daddy is damn 23 and dont want to work lol i feel your pain. If hes not dependable now he wont be later. If he wanted to work he would. He just simply dosent want to. Especially if hes not putting in applications. Is there someone else you know that will help like your parents? Child support is the only sure way... Just dont put no weight on him and u wont fall through. There plenty of help out there for you. I mean im just now getting it through my head i just might be best off alone without bd just me and my daughter. Have a serious talk with him and see if the same is for you...no sence in wasting your time anymore. And maybe he would be more adamant if his mom cut him off. Talk to her as well. Step on toes girl. Your having his baby.

janedoe2233
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 9:58 AM
This doesn't sound like someone you'd want to spend the rest of your life with. Leave bd, and file for child support once your baby is born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Yup. He sounds like a selfish spoiled brat who doesn't wana step up.

Quoting janedoe2233:

This doesn't sound like someone you'd want to spend the rest of your life with. Leave bd, and file for child support once your baby is born.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaX2NWife
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:27 AM
1 mom liked this

Same Here

Quoting bigmama423:

Luckily I did not, and never have. My husband has always worked, he works and I stay at home with our babies. 

I hope your boyfriend comes around sooner than later!!! That sucks that he's not stepping up. You will definitely need the money babies are freaking expensive!! :/

Kathey4759
by on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting SunshineStarry:

megandcailey08
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2012 at 10:29 AM
1 mom liked this
No my bf owns his own business and 2 houses. He pays for everything. And works all the time. He would hate your bf for being so lazy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN