• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First rude comment since being a mom

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
  • 54 Replies
I was in the store the other day , the girls were in the truck with daddy and i was telling the cashier(dfs friend) how far along i was. A lady had walked up behind me and she had a baby. So i said aww hes sooo cute and a lady walking out the door heard my conversatiin and said oh dont worry about that baby youll have ur own soon enough... i felt like slapping her.

Whats some rude comments youve gotten?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 4, 2012 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaHome
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 12:00 AM

When my ds was 2 weeks old he had jaundice badly. It was mid May, so the pedi suggested we take him on 2 walks a day for sun exposure.

As we were walking some guy screamed. "GET THAT BABY OUT OF THE SUN!!"

I wanted to trip him lol. People are just rude lol.

Momof2sillygrls
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:38 AM
15 moms liked this
Not sure how this is rude
Jennifer_57
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 1:44 AM
2 moms liked this
I think you are just paranoid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
psigurl
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 3:47 AM
Some people just don't know when not to speak! My rude comment: I met the former boss of my MIL a couple weeks ago! An older lady around 50 or so! My hubby introduced me and they had a little converstaion but she kept stairing at me! I was bent over the cart a bit cause my back hurt! I was around 30 weeks I think, anyways she started talkingt to me asked how far along I was and I tod her! She looked a little puzzled did I little laugh and said "are you sure your that far along and is the baby healthy?" OMG I took everything I had not to flip! Im a tiny person but I eat right and havnt even taken tylenol this pregnancy plus I carry in my back! I had gained 32lbs by then and my OB says my baby is perfectly healthy! I hate that people don't know how to keep their mouths closed!
Megankae
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM
The only rude comment I've had, was when I was walking my son when he was 6 weeks old. My boyfriend was in boot camp (we would have gotten married but I would have lost my insurance) and he hadnt even met the baby yet. This guy drove by all slow and said "how old are you anyway." I didnt have time to respond, due to shock And e drove away pretty quickly after saying it. It wouldnt be that big of a deal, except this guy was a Rabbi (sp?) you know a Jewish leader. I'm not Jewish, but you'd think he would be a better person. Besides I was 20 years old, not even THAT young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AdoptingMommy
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:08 AM
When we brought out dd home and went to have her newborn pictures done I was walking threw sears and some young guy (18-21 maybe) said
Why is it all these white girls havin these black babies (mind you he couldnt have sounded more ignorant) and called me a N lover
My dd was 12 days old! And she is african american/cuban/japenese and I love her more than Life! But im as white as snow and so is her dad so we get all kinds of foul comments people are stupid
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
youngamomma2
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:13 AM
2 moms liked this

yea dont see how that is rude?

BeachMama05
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this

not sure how that was rude...

But I have had people tell me I ruined my life having kids so young, or dont you think you should have waited? mind you I was 19 so I wasnt "that" young. 

mcr17
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:37 AM

didnt sound rude  to me.

2love
by on Mar. 5, 2012 at 8:37 AM
That's not rude...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)