Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

looks like girl but looks like boy???? help..

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 4:13 AM
  • 59 Replies

I am now 21 weeks almost 22 weeks Ive  had a few different ultrasounds not from my doctor ... one place i went to they said it kinda looked like a girl then another place says it kinda looks like a boy but its hard to tell cause the cord is between the legs and the baby is very active i guess.. my doctor was su;ppose to tell me on feb 14th but did not do one at the office they sent me somewhere else and the lady said she cant tell me what the sex was cause she was just getting measurements ... so i kinda need some input..  please!!! i have googled pictures and some pictures it looks like a boy but then again it looks like a girl i dont know i do have more pictures in my profile  

by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 4:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
halleysmomma
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:28 AM
1 mom liked this

It's really hard to tell, I don't want to sound rude, but these ultra sound pictures aren't very good, but then I'm no ultrasound technician. The sex usually isn't able to be clearly seen untill around 28 weeks, sometimes 30, so I would suggest asking for another one in about 6 six weeks.

BeachMama05
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 8:37 AM
1 mom liked this

I see 100% girl! and the last pic has 3 lines just like my DD did! 

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:25 AM

It's hard to tell. I'm bad with ultrasounds

brandiaubrey
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM
I see girl.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandiaubrey
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Who told you that you had to wait that long? With my daughter I found out she was a girl at 21 weeks and with the twins I found out at 17 weeks, which has been conformed atleast 4 times by different offices when I go in for my high risk appts.

Quoting halleysmomma:

It's really hard to tell, I don't want to sound rude, but these ultra sound pictures aren't very good, but then I'm no ultrasound technician. The sex usually isn't able to be clearly seen untill around 28 weeks, sometimes 30, so I would suggest asking for another one in about 6 six weeks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1st.momma
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:10 AM

what do you normally look for a girl or a boy? i was told different things like 3 lines hamburger hotdog turtle lol i dont know

KaroGreenly
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:44 AM
First of all, stop going and getting ultrasound just for fun. Most doctors warn against those places. If they didn't get gender at you 18 - 20 week ultrasound, ask the doctor if he can schedule another one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ProudMommy51006
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 10:48 AM
No way, I found out my son was a boy at 16 weeks, and 20 weeks with my daughter.

Quoting halleysmomma:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phrenicfire89
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

IDK! I'm in the exact same boat though and not knowing is killing me! I cant prepare!!!! I have two little boys and IDK what I should keep and what I can get rid of to make space. Everythign considered "neutral" is girly IMO. UGh, Let us know when you find out! I will either find out at the very last ultra sound in like 12 weeks or at birth, cuz my doc sucks. Good luck.

mama2my2boys
by on Mar. 8, 2012 at 11:11 AM
1 mom liked this
why dont u go somewhere and pay to have a gender us its only about 60bucks and they are cert techs i did with all r of my kids i couldnt wait...found out my son at 18 weeks my second son at 19 weeks and my daughter at 17weeks....the further along u get the harder it is cuz baby is squeezed in and bigger...best of luck

Quoting phrenicfire89:

IDK! I'm in the exact same boat though and not knowing is killing me! I cant prepare!!!! I have two little boys and IDK what I should keep and what I can get rid of to make space. Everythign considered "neutral" is girly IMO. UGh, Let us know when you find out! I will either find out at the very last ultra sound in like 12 weeks or at birth, cuz my doc sucks. Good luck.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN