Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

ABCMouse website for kids PRICED AT WHAT!!!

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM
  • 78 Replies

Ok so as advertised on TV theres a website for early learning ABCMouse.com alright, well i just went to the site thinking hey my 2 year old would LOVE this since it's something on the computer for HER! she could use the mouse and click on what she wants learn her ABC's and 123's yes LOVING THE ADVERSITIMENT! BUTTTTTTT heres the kicker, yes you get the first month FREE! great ok.. well here are the prices from month 2 on out! 7.95 a month just to use it or 80.00 for the whole year, i guess it's ok priced but when you don't have the money to spend the extra 8.00 a month or 80.00 a year i guess i'm just a little upset that they don't really tell you that on tv in any type of small print or anything, (and i'm usually the one to read the small print to find out what the catch is) i'm probably over reacting but am i wrong for thinking that in order to help your kid get ahead or start to teach them that they shouldn't really charge anything since they don't advertise that on tv in any type of small print??

no bashing just getting this off my chest

by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TamaraCharles
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:45 AM
No way, there is too many free sites for kids to pay for one.
SharonHernandez
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM

yeah I was looking into getting on that site for my daughter, but i changed my mind.

mrinewfe21
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:47 AM

i don't understand your response are you agreeing with me that i'm not overreacting or that i am and i guess i just can't find the free sites for my 2 year old

Quoting TamaraCharles:

No way, there is too many free sites for kids to pay for one.

mrinewfe21
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:48 AM

exactly last night me and my husband were talking about it and he said it would be great for her and if its free i could start it today!

Quoting SharonHernandez:

yeah I was looking into getting on that site for my daughter, but i changed my mind.

mamagreen08
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:50 AM
You're not overreacting! Like other op said, there are too many good free websites out there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SharonHernandez
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:53 AM

yeah the advertisment really got me. I was like yeah I think she would really enjoy it, so I looked it up and I was like well sorry it looks like you're not getting on this site. There are so many other sites avaliable for kids. I'm not about to pay for this one.

Quoting mrinewfe21:

exactly last night me and my husband were talking about it and he said it would be great for her and if its free i could start it today!

Quoting SharonHernandez:

.Angelica.
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this

Go to www.starfall.com My son loves it.

mrinewfe21
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:56 AM

Thank you!!

Quoting .Angelica.:

Go to www.starfall.com My son loves it.

mrinewfe21
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 11:57 AM

when i told my husband the price just now he just about flipped a lid he thought i ordered it already and when i told him no i didn't he calmed down a bit!! hehe

Quoting SharonHernandez:

yeah the advertisment really got me. I was like yeah I think she would really enjoy it, so I looked it up and I was like well sorry it looks like you're not getting on this site. There are so many other sites avaliable for kids. I'm not about to pay for this one.

Quoting mrinewfe21:

Quoting SharonHernandez:

SharonHernandez
by on Mar. 15, 2012 at 12:05 PM

haha yeah there's other ones out there you just have to look for them.

Quoting mrinewfe21:

when i told my husband the price just now he just about flipped a lid he thought i ordered it already and when i told him no i didn't he calmed down a bit!! hehe

Quoting SharonHernandez:

Quoting mrinewfe21:

Quoting SharonHernandez:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)