Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen Pregnancy

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 1:35 PM
  • 18 Replies

My daughter is 15 and wants to have her baby. Any advice for me. I am 54 and here for her. Any advice?

by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 1:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy92
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 1:37 PM
What do you mean? She is pregnant or wants to be?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2012 at 2:48 PM
All you can do us support her. She is going to have a tough road ahead of her. Encourage her to continue school, to take care of herself by eating healthy, and preparing her for the massive responsibility of motherhood. She is young but she made the decisions that lead to this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM
Support supportr support but also make her understand that its her baby not yours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
memekisses
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
If she's already pregnant than support her but DO NOT raise that child for her.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tm88rn
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:12 PM
Make sure she has information on all three options, abortion, adoption, and parenting, then let her make her own choice. Support her, but make her accept responsibility for her actions and choices.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
meandyou2011
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:13 PM

i was 15 when i had my first son. i lived with my grandmother and didnt tell her till i had six weeks left yes i know very childish of me well she supported me the best she could she wanted me to stay in school so she watched him during the day and helped me alot through the first year but after that he was all mine i LOVE my son and i am for ever greatful to my grandmother for all she did.  just let her know your there for support and will help when she needs it.

LovingmyLeah
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:15 PM

BUMP!

neisha1995
by on Apr. 1, 2012 at 4:25 PM

well i was the same age when i had my first baby......yes you should let her have the baby let her learn the hard way its going to hurt more than ever when labor pain kick in.......but mom you let her see how hard it is to take care of a baby and u dnt do it let her do it all u take care of her because u had her ........the bby she is carry n at the time is nt for u its for her life is going to hit her hard wen she c dat she cant b a normal teen anymore

dandeli0nwishes
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this

Send her to this group, encourage that she take parenting classes(ask her doctor about free ones in you're community)

Supermomof3boy
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 8:09 AM
I was 15 when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. 16 when I had him. My mother cried at first but, she supported me and helped me. When the baby comes let her do pretty much everything but, help her get through high school. I probably couldn't have did it without my mom. Also she could research adoption! That is also another option. I am happy with the decision I made in keeping my son. I am not sure if I would have been able to do it without a support system. It's very hard but, she can do it. My story had a happy ending not everyone has to be a statistic! I graduated high school went to college the father and I got back together later on when we were 18 and got married we are now 24 been married for almost 6 years and we have 3 boys now! :) life is good! God bless and good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)