Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Tired of motherhood being a competition...

Posted by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM
  • 10 Replies
2 moms liked this

Why is there this big competition between SAHMs and working moms?? WHO CARES? If you're a good mother, you just are. If your kids are happy and you're happy, then that is GOOD. I am a stay at home mom, it doesn't make my husband unhappy and it doesn't make me unhappy. I'm starting college and will have my degree by the time my second child is 3. Does this make me lazy? I would think not. Do I think mothers that hurry off to work are horrible? NO. Every situation is different. There is so much jealousy and moms bashing other moms and it is sickening. We all have children and those SAHMs bashing the working ones? Maybe one of these days you'll be forced to work, then where are you going to get your support from if you've bashed the other working moms? Working moms may end up with some sort of disability and can't continue to work, better not upset everyone that might be a friend.

by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tm88rn
by on Apr. 2, 2012 at 9:00 PM
1 mom liked this
I honestly don't care. If your child is taken care of, good for you. I do think that if you are on welfare, maybe there shouldn't be a stay at home parent, unless you have a special needs child or some other reason that you can't work. I at least would be too proud to stay at home on welfare, if I had the ability to work. Other than that, do what is right for you and your child. I personally am a stay at home mother by choice. I worked for four years before we had kids, when we had kids I wanted to stay at home and raise them. My husband makes more than enough to support us comfortably, and we don't even miss my income. We decided together that it was best for us and our children if I were a stay at home mom. I only get a little mean about it when someone makes a rude post about stay at home moms being lazy or uneducated. Just because you work doesn't mean you are more educated than I am, even though I am a stay at home mother, and a fairly young one. I'm more educated and have a better career potential than most.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caitlew
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:16 PM

That is exactly how I feel. Idk how many posts I've seen where it's SAHM vs. Working Mom. We're all moms just the same. If you're only surviving as a SAHM bc of welfare then yeah, it's probably a good idea to go to work. I am lucky to have both kinds of mothers as FRIENDS in my life and don't see a problem either way as long as everyone's happy.

heather4511
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:23 PM
I don't care either, a stay at home mom isn't always better than a working mom. And it all depends on what works best for each individual family!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 1:34 PM

I don't care if someone works or stays home. I stay home and it works for us right now.

meranda20
by Member on Apr. 3, 2012 at 4:46 PM

I am a stay at home mom on welfare right now. I don't plan on living off of it forever it's just a temporary situation. I plan on going to college an getting a job an getting off welfare in two months but it's easier said than done when you are a single stay at home mom.

xomrsweaver
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Idc. It's because some SAHM's think working moms aren't good parents because they aren't there all the time, just as working moms think SAHM's are bad parents because they are lazy. I could care less....I'm a SAHM who has an amazing family and I believe im doing whats right for us. Every family is different. I don't want to live in a world where everyone is the exact same..I love the diversity....so please..feel free to work while I stay at home. I have no issues with it at all. 

KristinawithaK
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 6:49 PM

I would love to be a SAHM.  but I also don't think I'd do well not working.  my kids are in school, there's no reason why I can't work.  I have to work though, since I'm the sole provider for my little family.  *sigh* still looking for that sugar daddy, haha!  ;)

I don't think anybody should have to justify the decision (or maybe it wasn't by choice?) that they make for their own kids/family.  if it doesn't involve you, then why do you care?  that's how I see it.

caitlew
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:38 AM

These are better comments than I expected. I kind of thought I'd still get a lot of bashing for it. I plan to get a job when I have my degree, but with babies I don't want to leave them with anyone that isn't family. They can't even tell you if the babysitter is doing something bad to them.

caitlew
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 10:39 AM

I've always thought that when people feel the need to justify the things they do they really think they should be doing something different.

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:55 AM
I also believe that as long as the child(ren) is/are taken care of, then who cares.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)