Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Is it stupid?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:22 PM
  • 13 Replies

So I am engaged because I am having my second child and my parents say they won't support me untill I am married. I have agreed, but I wanted to wait untill after my second child was born and i worked out because I will have to look at these wedding photos for the rest of my life. Is that stupid? Shouldnt' I be able to feel compfortable at my own wedding?

by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
txangelco84
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:24 PM

First of all, are you trying to look good for yourself or for someone else? Because you can't go around trying to please other people all the time. You need to do this for YOU.

StillDreaming07
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM
1 mom liked this

What's stupid is you getting married for your parent's support...that sounds backwards to me. Are you two in love? Is it for the right reasons?

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
cherrylou
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM

Quoting txangelco84:

First of all, are you trying to look good for yourself or for someone else? Because you can't go around trying to please other people all the time. You need to do this for YOU.

It's for me. Not for anyone else.

cherrylou
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:27 PM

Quoting StillDreaming07:

What's stupid is you getting married for your parent's support...that sounds backwards to me.

I am sixteen. I want & need support. And it's not like I don't love with him I just don't know if I am ready for marriage.

StillDreaming07
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cherrylou:

Quoting StillDreaming07:

What's stupid is you getting married for your parent's support...that sounds backwards to me.

I am sixteen. I want & need support. And it's not like I don't love with him I just don't know if I am ready for marriage.

Okay. My opinion, no judgement...If you aren't ready, Idk if you should go through with it. That is such a huge and life altering decision. You are already having another child, I don't think it would be good to rush into a marriage you're not ready for. At the end of the day, it's YOU who is going to be his wife...not your parents. Please think it through and do what's best for you. Good luck.

tm88rn
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:30 PM
You are sixteen and having your second child? Don't make an even worse mistake by getting married if you don't love him. But you have to, because your parents won't support you anymore. Can you support yourself at all?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cherrylou
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:33 PM

Quoting tm88rn:

You are sixteen and having your second child? Don't make an even worse mistake by getting married if you don't love him. But you have to, because your parents won't support you anymore. Can you support yourself at all?

I do love him. And I could support my self but my parents can help me provide a better life. I will still be able to attend high school (I will have a part time job) and then go to college and he will be able to attend to school while he has a part time job.

tm88rn
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:44 PM
You can do all that on your parents dime? Smh.

Quoting cherrylou:

Quoting tm88rn:

I do love him. And I could support my self but my parents can help me provide a better life. I will still be able to attend high school (I will have a part time job) and then go to college and he will be able to attend to school while he has a part time job.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
StillDreaming07
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Sidenote: You should know ahead of time, marriage takes a lot more than having kids together and loving each other. You will encouter a lot of things that you have no clue how to handle because you simply have not been alive long enough to have any life experience. I could see if you were madly in love and wanted to marry. Then that's your choice to make. But you sound lackluster about the whole thing.

Your parents will provide a better life if you're married. That sounds ridiculous. If you're married, you and your husband should be provinding a better life for YOUR children. Do you see what I'm saying? You think it's a good idea now, but please think about the road ahead. I'm not saying it won't work out or wishing bad luck on your union, but how will you feel a few years from now when the strain on the marriage you weren't ready for affects your you and your children? There are a lot of aspects to this that you need to think about.

littleinsect
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm not going to get judgey on you like some of the others, and only you can make the decision of whether or not to he married. But I am now 19 and pregnant with my first, and my fiancées family, my fiancée and my parents were all hoping we'd get married before our son was born, but I want to wait until I'm not prego and I have lost all this baby weight. I know I'm not in the same situation as you, but that's just my opinion. I want to feel good about myself at my wedding!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN