Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How did you tell your parents?

Posted by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM
  • 34 Replies

So, I'm 17 and i'm 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant and my parents have noooooooo idea. I graduate in two months.. Should I wait til after graduation or should I tell them ASAP?
So far, only my boyfriend, my best friend, and my sister know. I've been taking Prenatal vitamins for the past 3 weeks and i've been eating healthier...

But what should I do about my parents??

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tm88rn
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I suggest telling them now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Welcome!

The sooner you tell your parents, the more time they will have to adjust to the idea of becoming grandparents as well as offer you more of the support that you're going to need as a young mom.

Quoting katelynpilcher:

So, I'm 17 and i'm 8 weeks and 3 days pregnant and my parents have noooooooo idea. I graduate in two months.. Should I wait til after graduation or should I tell them ASAP?
So far, only my boyfriend, my best friend, and my sister know. I've been taking Prenatal vitamins for the past 3 weeks and i've been eating healthier...

But what should I do about my parents??

T-Rentsmommy06
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 1:52 PM

My husband (then boyfriend) told my parents, I couldn't! I was a wimp. But I was with him when he did, he waited for me to say it. And I didn't so he just said that I was pregnant. They were ticked off the bat, but love my son more than anything. Good luck! :)

DRStorbeck
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:03 PM
Have you discussedthings with ur bf like what's your plan with him? Firs figure out ur plan with him jobs housing college and possible marriage then when u have that all planned out think of maybe having a dinner with both his parents and urs either in a resurant or at home then just open up to them explain to them ur plan how ur gonna raise your child and maybe both sets ofparents might be a little understanding. You never know what's going to happen until you just tel them...

Good luck honey...

And congrates on the pregnancy!!!
.Angelica.
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:39 PM

i would tell them right away.

jessecutez
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 2:41 PM

i waited when i was your age. i couldnt wait till after graduation, my ds was 2 weeks old when i graduated. i would tell them asap maybe take them to dinner... get to your obgyn too!

MamaSharr.
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Gahh I had to go threw the same thing as you! It's soo scary, especially if your only 17! But you should tell them right away, that's what I did and at first they were upset but then adjusted to it. I would have your boyfriend there also to show that he is responsible enough to be by your side and tell your parents. Goodluck! And if you want, PLEASE tell me how it goes(: Haha.

Hotpink06
by on Apr. 4, 2012 at 4:43 PM

I never told my mother she already knew I was 

lydiangray
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:32 AM

I would go ahead and do it, too. I know it's scary, I was in the same position as you this time last year!! But I told my mom, and she was surprisingly less upset than I had expected. The very first thing she said was that every baby is a blessing and something to be celebrated. So you never know how they will react, go ahead and save yourself the stress and do it now.

rinaann
by on Apr. 5, 2012 at 12:33 AM

tell them asap

you are having a baby soon, better grow up now and act like an adult and them them 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN