Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

is this me or do your mother n law hates your gut also?

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:38 PM
  • 28 Replies

I feel like my mother n law hates me. everything i do or say she have to be rude and make me feel so low and a bad mother. i try to spend time with her but she never wants to and she gets mad because " i don't let her see her grand baby"  but we do try to let her see the baby but she never wants to and she makes like I'm trying to pawn my baby off. she tried so many time to break me and her son up. i try talking to her. is it just me?!

by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tm88rn
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:19 PM
When my husband and I first got married, she hated me, because she thought I was a gold digger and that I didn't really love my husband. But after the first year, things got a lot better. She became my best friend and is the mother I never had. When we finally had children, she was over the moon, planning the shower, helping, everything. When I was ordered to restrict activities with this pregnancy, she moved in with us to help me out. She is amazing. I'm sorry that things haven't worked out with your mil. Have you tried talking to her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM

i really like my MIL. sorry yours isn't that great.

MamaX2NWife
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:37 PM
1 mom liked this
We dont hate each other but mine does get on my nerves because she puts her opinion in when it isnt wanted. I can just tell she doesnt approve of the way i do things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Openeyemom
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:46 PM
I love my mil and she loves me but we don't always like each other, we're very different people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
phrenicfire89
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Oh its definitely not just you, not everyone's MIL is awesome...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
texasjen
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Its funny how for 18 years my MIL couldnt stand me - the worst thing for her son- now that we are divorced,,,, she is saying all kinds of nice things to me and encouraging me to come over all the time ( he lives there with her ) and she would like to see us get back together....... guess this is where - be careful what you  wish for- just might come true can come back and bite you in the a$$

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 5:59 PM

I think many mother in laws have a hard time.

My MIL and I have at least 1 fight per visit.  It's almost like we have to get that out of the way just to move on with the visit!  And if there is no "drama" to fight about, she'll find something.  -_-

But I try my best, b/c she loves DH and the kids.  If we can just find a way to be polite and respectful then everybody can benefit.  It's tough though.

The best thing you can do is refuse to partake in the bad behaviors.  Don't trash talk her to ANYONE, b/c you don't want the kids to eventually hear things being said.  If she trash talks, the kids will eventually hear it and wonder why grandma is being mean.  If you trash talk, too, the kids think it's OK.  Talk to your man about the problems you are having, and make sure he is supportive of you.  Then wait it out, have rules for when you see each other, etc.  (Rules being things like: Don't go into my personal spaces, No fighting in front of kids, "safe" public areas where it would be awkward to start something, etc.)

hazelnut14
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:00 PM
My MIL burst into tears when we announced we were getting married. 8 years later not much has changed, very judgmental, but in a silent sulking way. Life goes on.I married her baby boy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoLee12345
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 6:34 PM

My MIL and I are super close! I can't wait when we visit hr or her us! We actually took her to a four star hotel at Myrtle Beach last summer! I love that lady!

firsttimemom630
by on Apr. 6, 2012 at 7:42 PM

thanks everyone readin all this made me feel better im goin to try to talk to her again

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN