Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Poll

Question: Do you think it is easier to get formula or breastfeed

Options:

i dont care

formula

breastfeeding is cheaper to me

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 32

View Results

Okay so i told Mychel and my parents but we are in some trouble. we have a 6 month old daughter on our own and we cant buy another crib or a double stroller or even another car seat. My parents give us some support money, but, we dont get alot of money from them. Mychel could get a longer job, but he would be away from us and Evie's big moments if you know what  i mean. i need some tips.

by on Apr. 11, 2012 at 4:36 PM
Replies (41-45):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:16 PM

Breastfeeding is definitly cheaper, since its free and formula costs a lot! Go to a lot of garage sales this summer, I bet you can find what you need for the baby for really cheap.

boysrablessing
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM
Ur bf is gonna have to suck it up and get a job. I know it sucks being away for her biggest Moments but you cant have one baby with no income let alone 2. One of you need to work and since ur preg hes the better option for working.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Hanab818
by on Apr. 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM
1 mom liked this
First off I don't want you to take this as rude or bitchy or anything. But if you get little help and need the money to take care of your children then your boyfriend needs to step up and take longer shifts, more shifts, or even a better job to make sure the kids have everything the need. Or you can even get a part time job and ask if your parents can babysit. I know it can be hard but I have 2 kids and my husband works 40 hour weeks and also goes to school for his BA. So hes gone 3 days a week from 7am to 11 pm and 2 days from noon to 11. He also picks up extra shifts when he can. He misses stuff but his boys love him, know him, and to him it's more important then anything to make sure were taken care of and have all that we need.

As for a double stroller just get a baby wrap. They are cheap if you get them second hand that way your oldest can be in the old stroller and you can carry your youngest. You might be able to pick one up for 15 20 bucks if you go to consignment sales or stores. Relay on consignment sales to get all that you need it's a great way to save tons of money. Save all the clothing from your oldest maybe you'll have another girl then you won't have to worry about that as much. Also you can get a convertible car seat for your oldest and use the infant for when the baby is born.
bigmama423
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:05 AM

You can always get formula from WIC if you can not or do not want to breastfeed. 

I agree with others, your boyfriend definitely needs to step up and work more so you guys will have money to care for your kids.

Hanab818
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:07 AM
Also don't have a c section if you don't have to. I have had 2 and not by choice. It major surgery and with that comes major risk. If you have had one natural birth a second one shouldn't be a problem. Plus with having to chase a toddler around while trying to recover from surgery is a pain and it took me 2 extra weeks to be able to walk and not be in pain and feel better then with my first. And I'm 3 weeks post partum and still sore as all hell.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)