Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

PRIORITIES???

Posted by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM
  • 16 Replies

Im having a hard time , I am not big into partying now that I am a mom and thats what all my friends do everynight ... 

I dont wanna lose my friends but I am not going to change my priorities to be liked

any advice?

by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
-KC-
by Ymu Momma on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:01 AM
2 moms liked this
Stop worrying about friends. Thats the last thing to be worried about. Focus on your "priorities" instead of worrying about "friends". If they are your real friends then they will understand your position. If they are a waste of time you wont loose them, they will loose u.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tm88rn
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:04 PM
1 mom liked this
You are a mother. Your child comes first.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 12:33 PM

get new friends. if they don't like hanging out now that you have a baby they aren't true friends and you don't need them around.

MommyDanie
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 1:08 PM
That is exactly the same thing I'm going through
But our "friends" should know we're a mom now our babies r our priority mine don't get that at all :(
1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:39 PM
I agree.

Quoting .Angelica.:

get new friends. if they don't like hanging out now that you have a baby they aren't true friends and you don't need them around.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Member on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:40 PM
I let go of those type of friends. Family first always
JoLee12345
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Screw your friends! Your child should be your inly concern ....
heather4511
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Your priority is your child..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
misskriss10
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:20 PM

I had the same problem and I realized that I just needed to get rid of my so called "friends"...I now surround myself with people that enjoy spending time with me AND my DD. I would just say that you need to find better friends. People that have similar priorities.

kelsoAZ
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Yes my family comes first. My family is all I have and sometimes it woukd be nice to have some adult interaction as well. Im not one to just drop people out of my life especially ones I care about one of these friends is my cousin and the others I went through our husbands deployment with so its alot harder than that for me. Is there anything I could say or do to let them know why I dont cfome around with out sounding like im on a pedistool?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)