Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
Hey everyone, let me get right to the point. I'm sixteen and pregnant with my first child.(13weeks 2days) and lately I feel like everyones against me. Dont get me wrong my mom never downs me and tells me im stupid for my desicion, but if I ever bring up the baby shower or pregnancy pictures no ones ever as excited or helpful????
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 10:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
SexyMomma06
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 2:53 PM

I was 18 when I had my first and I wasn't with the father, and my family wasn't happy about it. Then when I was six months pregnant I met my now dh and his parents HATED me until the day my son, "their first grandson"... after my son was born everyone was happy and they are stll happy. It may not seem like it now but most of them will come around sooner or later. Hope it gets better and you get the support you need. Good luck and a blessed nine months!

-KC-
by Ymu Momma on Apr. 14, 2012 at 4:14 PM
Well look at your familys perspective.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
imamom88
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:33 PM

I when though the same thing. It was hard.I hope things get easier for you

heather4511
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 7:53 PM
This exactly. I was 16 as well and my family really didnt see the reason to be so thrilled. Though, they were more excited towards the end and love her dearly now that she's here

Quoting tm88rn:

You are 16 and pregnant. I highly doubt anyone else is excited about that. That may change the further along you get, but you also have to be realistic. No parent is ever going to be happy or excited that their 16 year old is pregnant.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Little.Laurie
by on Apr. 14, 2012 at 8:11 PM

I'm 16 as well and I just had my daughter in February. My parents weren't thrilled at all, but as time went on they grew to accept it and now that she is here she has more love then I ever thought possible. I never got the excitement either that I wanted but I looked at it as my own special gift (; If you need someone to talk to I'm here if you need anything (:

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
bamababe1975
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 12:45 PM

They may feel like showing excitement would be the same as saying they're okay with this when they aren't because you're so young. They'll probably get more excited when you're closer to your due date or maybe after the baby is born, but for right now, they're probably just not sure how they should act.

Join us in the Pregnancy group

Tristians_Mommy
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:04 PM

the reason they are not as excited right now bc u r so young and they will come around sooner than you think. they are just in shock and they want whats best for you bc they care. and if they r angry its out of love. but once you start to get further along and time gets closer things should get better. once you have your baby they will appreciate the little mirical you brought into this world. i found out i was pregnant 3 months before my graduation. my son is 16 months now and i wouldnt change him for the world. things happen for a reason. one thing it does do is you grow up and mature and you have tough choices to make but thats being a mom. Do the best you can for your baby and stay in school. you need all you can get bc once you graduate your going to have to work and support u and your child and its hard but i have faith in you and i know you can do it. im living it. good luck sweetie and keep your head up.

bigmama423
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Hi and welcome!

I agree with everyone. I'm sure your family will come around though...

Good luck and congrats.

Redwall
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I can't imagine why on earth, you'd think people would be thrilled that at 16 you're pregnant!  Not the baby's fault and I'm sure they'll love him/her, but don't excpect many "congratulations."  What happens with your schooling?  Are you planning on college?  Will the father pay child support?

mom2beOct.19
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I dont think I asked them to be thrilled, just supportive. Yea im16nd pregnant but what can I do. I dont need the constant negativity
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)