Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

23 yr old pregnant w/ 4th child after giving her 3rd up for adoption!

I work with a girl that had is now pregnant w/ #4. she put her 3rd up for adoption tho!
DD1 was born when she was 16 w/ baby daddy #1
DS1 was born when she was 18-19 w/ baby daddy #2
DD2 was when she was 21-22 w/ baby daddy #2 this one was put up for adoption because she said she couldn't afford three kids!
Now she is pregnant w/ #4 with baby
daddy #3!

What does everyone think About this? I think this is very irresponsible as a mother to do because she had put up the 3 rd baby. Oh and btw the adoption is open and she sees the baby often. I feel sorry for the little girl that was adopted because I would feel like why did I get put up?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 15, 2012 at 7:51 PM
Replies (31-39):
Treymama
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Imagine how that third child will feel being 1 of 4 kids only one given up
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
amyrw
by on Apr. 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM
She sounds like a woman who traps men by getting pregnant. Obviously it doesn't work. Maybe she was done with the 3rd babys father, but the 4th she wants to stick around. So having a kid in her mind means he has to stay.

I bet the 3rd child will actually have a better, more fulfilled life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hemaworld
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:57 AM
I feel sorry for her. Letting different men have access to her body like that. It shows a lack of respect for herself and a self image issue just to let different men use you like that. Abstinence until marriage is a wonderful thing. I have learned the hard way.
TrisLovesMommy
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 7:30 AM
I feel you!
If she continues to put herself in this situation when it's so many forms of BC out here.. I believe in my heart that that's the journey she wants for her life
Best of luck to her !

Quoting tm88rn:

Her life, her choices.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
onethentwins
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 2:33 PM

Quoting ParkersMom1992:

Serious question: If you were put up for adoption and it was an open adoption, and you saw your biological mother/father often... but you didn't want to. You just wanted your adopted family. Are you able to legally to make your bio parents go away?

No, the minor cannot do that, however the adoptive parents can. Open adoptions only stay open as long as the adoptive parents want them to. The birth parents legally are strangers and have no more legal rights to their children than you or I do. Open adoptions close all the time. One the adoptee is no longer a minor, relationships between adoptee and birth parent are completley voluntary just like any other relationship.

Redwall
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:42 PM

She needs to have her legs tied shut.

pslamjam
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 6:46 PM

I'm not proud of becoming pregnant with my child but it's my resposibility to be a mother and be the best one I can be, I am 17 when he's born and after that I am getting the implant for a while. I dont want any surprises until I am married with daddy and out of college. Theat poor #3 baby.

andrea3599
by on Apr. 17, 2012 at 11:30 PM
She need her ass kicked
SecretNinjaGirl
by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 3:53 PM

It's sad to see someone you care for make bad decisions.  Even smart people make bad decisions.  But in the end, it was them that made the choice.   Our son was adopted and we are thankful to have him - our precious gift (he was bio mom's child #3).  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)