Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Im a young mom and....

Posted by   + Show Post

When i was only 16 i found out that i would be having my first son. He is beautiful and i wouldnt trade him for the world. at less than a year old i found out im expecting once again. im scared and unsure of what to do. im suppose to go off to college in the fall however being a single mom with two kids im quite unsure of how that will work. my kids both have the same father but with our son he is in and out of the picture. Someone please give me advice...im unsure what to do.

by on Apr. 18, 2012 at 10:03 AM
Replies (81-90):
LilDzMamma2010
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM
My mom did not have a degree. she received $13.00 in CS yes thirteen dollars i still have checkstubs to prove it. She was not on welfare. my mom was 17 when she started. and i seen her EVERYDAY. she had 4 bio children by the time she was 23 and 1 adopted by 28 im the oldest as was there every step of the way. It IS possible if women would stop being so damn dependant!!!!

OP u got this girl be strong :)

Quoting tm88rn:

Assuming that everyone can make it as a single mom because a few women did, that is ridiculous. I'm glad that you had everything you wanted or needed. The facts are, you and your mother are the exception, not the rule. Did your mother have a degree? How old was she? Were you on welfare? How often did you see your mother? Did she get child support?

Quoting ms-superwoman:

This is ridiculous. My mom had six kids was a single mother. Did everything on her own and we had a great life. We had everything we needed and wanted.

Quoting tm88rn:

Sure, she could. But what kind of life will her kids have? It may just be that I always wanted more, but struggling and making it work, maybe, was never something I would do.

Quoting Sara52:

Don't listen to this, my mom did it all by herself with 3 kids, she held down two jobs and was going to school. It all depends on how strong you are and if you are determined enough to do this. Its going to be really hard and itll probably take longer to get your degree, but you CAN do it! If you want to have your baby know you have support here.

Quoting tm88rn:

Depending on how far along you are, abortion is an option. Adoption is an option. But if you are doing this alone, I don't think you can manage college, two kids, and a job. Were you not on birth control?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bgbluford785
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Hate to say this but collage is out of it so u should start mking other plans and if he is already in and out then you should have learned your leasson and not got prego by him again......
mommy51611
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this

sorry to tell you but college is far from out of the question. i know that i can do this. and as far as learning my lesson...im in love with him...at least it was by the same guy and i wasnt out whoring around and have multiple baby daddys, not dissing on anyone with multiple baby daddys because my stepmom has three different baby daddys, but she was with each of them. eye rolling

Quoting Bgbluford785:

Hate to say this but collage is out of it so u should start mking other plans and if he is already in and out then you should have learned your leasson and not got prego by him again......

mommy10110
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 11:55 AM

I was only 18 when i first found i was having my son and i wouldnt trade him for anything but this is one tough job and it comes with alot 3 months before my sons 1st birthday i found out i was 11 weeks pregnant and i had to make one of the hardest decisionsof my life because i was like you and i wanted to go back to school and i wanted to make a better life for myself and my son so i choose abortion it wasnt a easy choice but i had to do it depending on how far along you are i would think long and hard about it because if your already having a hard time with baby daddy for your 1st child only imagine having to do that with two babies trust me its a hard choice to make but always remember in long wrong youll be making the best one for yourself and son, good luck!

Bgbluford785
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Quoting mommy51611:

I have the same babys daddy and I'm a lot older then u so its hard for me to wrap my head around the fact that you would make your own life so hard at such a youg age. I didn't mean you'll never go but its going to have to be put off for a minute. I feel sorry for you really. There is a lot you'll miss! Some things have to be better thought out and I don't think you thought this out very much. I'm not bashing you I'm simply being real. My best friend did this also and just finnished her school. Great accomplishment but she lived with her mom and dad the whole time so she had lots of help. As long as u have the support u can do anything!! Good luck and congarts!! I turely mean that!! Also I'm sorry if I came accross a bit mean I'm a lil rough around the edges at time. Lastly abortion should be out of the question! I'm pro life :-)
mommy51611
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:30 PM
ive thought about it alot actually. and its fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
yezay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:32 PM

There's really no nice way to say this but you knew that you didn't have a great man to father the child you already had and you continued to have sex with him and get pregnant a second time.  I just don't understand it...  What did you think was going to happen? The only way to fix this now is get a time machine.

yezay
by Bronze Member on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Times were a lot different then and people could get decent jobs without an education that's not the case now.  I'm 26 years old and have a college degree and right now I'm stuck at a 13 dollar an hr job and 13 dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.  I don't see the logic in painting it as rainbows and butterflies when it's not going to be.  Being under 20 years old with 2 kids and no college degree isn't going to be a cake walk.  Im not saying she should give her baby away or have an abortion but if she doesn't have a very strong support system she will seriously struggle. I have a 5 year old with a college degree at 26 and I still struggle.  I have a family support system and a supportive boyfriend and I still struggle.  It is possible but it will be through blood sweat and tears that she makes it.

Quoting LilDzMamma2010:

My mom did not have a degree. she received $13.00 in CS yes thirteen dollars i still have checkstubs to prove it. She was not on welfare. my mom was 17 when she started. and i seen her EVERYDAY. she had 4 bio children by the time she was 23 and 1 adopted by 28 im the oldest as was there every step of the way. It IS possible if women would stop being so damn dependant!!!!

Quoting tm88rn:

Assuming that everyone can make it as a single mom because a few women did, that is ridiculous. I'm glad that you had everything you wanted or needed. The facts are, you and your mother are the exception, not the rule. Did your mother have a degree? How old was she? Were you on welfare? How often did you see your mother? Did she get child support?

Quoting ms-superwoman:

This is ridiculous. My mom had six kids was a single mother. Did everything on her own and we had a great life. We had everything we needed and wanted.

Quoting tm88rn:

Sure, she could. But what kind of life will her kids have? It may just be that I always wanted more, but struggling and making it work, maybe, was never something I would do.

Quoting Sara52:

Don't listen to this, my mom did it all by herself with 3 kids, she held down two jobs and was going to school. It all depends on how strong you are and if you are determined enough to do this. Its going to be really hard and itll probably take longer to get your degree, but you CAN do it! If you want to have your baby know you have support here.

Quoting tm88rn:

Depending on how far along you are, abortion is an option. Adoption is an option. But if you are doing this alone, I don't think you can manage college, two kids, and a job. Were you not on birth control?

addicted2metal
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:41 PM
You can do it hun it might be a bit hurt but in the end u will be glad u kept the baby
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilDzMamma2010
by on Apr. 24, 2012 at 12:52 PM
I never said it would be perfect with pretty rainbows and butterflies what i said is it is possible. And the whole thing about my mom was to miss negative tm88rn

Quoting yezay:

Times were a lot different then and people could get decent jobs without an education that's not the case now.  I'm 26 years old and have a college degree and right now I'm stuck at a 13 dollar an hr job and 13 dollars doesn't go as far as it used to.  I don't see the logic in painting it as rainbows and butterflies when it's not going to be.  Being under 20 years old with 2 kids and no college degree isn't going to be a cake walk.  Im not saying she should give her baby away or have an abortion but if she doesn't have a very strong support system she will seriously struggle. I have a 5 year old with a college degree at 26 and I still struggle.  I have a family support system and a supportive boyfriend and I still struggle.  It is possible but it will be through blood sweat and tears that she makes it.

Quoting LilDzMamma2010:

Quoting tm88rn:

Quoting ms-superwoman:

Quoting tm88rn:

Quoting Sara52:

Quoting tm88rn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)