Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need opinions Vaccinate or not to Vaccinate.

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:38 AM
  • 34 Replies

Poll

Question: Is It Safe to Vaccinate your children?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 23

View Results

I am currently 27 weeks pregnant and I am going to be faced with this question once i have my baby. My fiance is into the all natural things and believes we should not vaccinate our son. I still have no clue what I want to do. I am also writing a research paper in my english class on "Is it safe to vaccinate your children?" I would love to know other moms opinions on this topic. Thanks :))

CafeMom Tickers
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
memekisses
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 12:41 AM
I think if the vaccines are spread out its OK...but a tiny body isn't meant to have all those things injected into it. Does more harm then good that young IMO
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:15 AM

I got my dd vaccinated and will still continue to. But I really have no opinion on the issue. So here is a BUMP.

mrssmitley1210
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I vaccinate except for varicella and pertusis due to reactions my children had. As a preschool teacher I find them highly important and think children should be vaccinated. The more parents stop vaccinating against the things because of the claim its not in our country the more likely its going to come back. My dd is also autistic and I have no thoughts of it being caused from the vaccines.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DonnaPinitonya
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:20 AM

I vacinnate and I do belive everyone has their own choice. Research the actual vaccines indiviually since you both need to decide. I can tell you though that even flu shots are being required now to attend school and you don't want to take your 4 or 5 year old in to get caught up on all the vaccines plus a flu shot or 2 (H1N1 is it's own usually) right before kindergarden. 

Personally I will vaccinate DD2 when she arrives but I did opt out of DD1's flu shot this year. So far so good but her own immunity is built up from being so sick with different strains of the flu the last few years. 

mrssmitley1210
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:27 AM
We don't do flu either didn't think of that. However all vaccines I don't do are due to reactions. I have watched my mother, step father, and grandfather all become extremely ill after getting it. I have never had it and got the flu once and I was early pregnancy and already had a low immune system from already being sick. I was out of work 3 days. Everyone else with the vaccine 1 week minimum

Quoting DonnaPinitonya:

I vacinnate and I do belive everyone has their own choice. Research the actual vaccines indiviually since you both need to decide. I can tell you though that even flu shots are being required now to attend school and you don't want to take your 4 or 5 year old in to get caught up on all the vaccines plus a flu shot or 2 (H1N1 is it's own usually) right before kindergarden. 

Personally I will vaccinate DD2 when she arrives but I did opt out of DD1's flu shot this year. So far so good but her own immunity is built up from being so sick with different strains of the flu the last few years. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chelsey191
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 1:30 AM

I believe in delay vax. Though I dont believe in the flu vaccine or the chicken pox vaccine.

ria7
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:51 PM

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/04/17/aps-on-epidemic-autism-spectrum-diseases.aspx

I  think it is something you have to research on your own. You don't have to get any vaccines until you have fully rsearched and made your decision. I would not get any in the hospital. I put a link to an interesting article. Their is a ton of info on the internet start reading all you can. VAERS is the gov't website that people report all their vaccine reactions to. You can do some interesting searchs and see how others have reacted to certain shots. Read information on both sides of the debate and make the decision that is right for your family.

piwife
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:53 PM
1 mom liked this
I vaccinate I feel is safe for my kids. I have friends that don't vaccinate. Do your own research. And decide.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:55 PM
There's a lot of conflicting info out there. I would join the group "Educate Before You Vaccinate" here on Cafemom. You can learn a lot about it before making a decision.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this
No shots are mandatory for public school.

Quoting DonnaPinitonya:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)