Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

teen parenting housing help!

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:03 AM
  • 10 Replies
Hi I'm 17 and my bf is 18, we have a 11/2 yr old daughter and we live in California. He currently works full time but we live at our mom's home and need to pay our own food, rent etc. We really need a stable home but we can't make it on our own yet since I'm still trying to get school done! Anyone know who can help us find a home that we can afford.
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Caitlinsmom09
by Member on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:04 AM

Have you tried Social Services?

chrissy8907
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Have you looked online at the housing in your city. start there then look on craigslist my friend found a 3 bedroom house for cheap! It will all work out for you both and thats great hes working. Anything is possible :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dandeli0nwishes
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:19 AM

Your local public health, self sufficancy office will help. You can google it.

DonnaPinitonya
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:22 AM

Why are you in a rush to move? Can you make a short term game plan with mom to stay through summer or the year?

DF and I currently pay my parents, supply food for the house instead of more money for utilites and even though our move back out is delayed a bit our rent is less here than anywhere else.

Good luck!

jservellon10
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:36 AM
Thanks girls! i will look into it. I am in a rush to move bcus ever since I had my baby mom and i have been having issues and let's just say she does NOT want ke here at alll
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:40 AM
I have no idea hun... cali is expensive
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ms-superwoman
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 9:46 AM
You could look into public housing. Give a call.to your local housing commission and they can help you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
memekisses
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:49 AM
Have you signed up for section 8?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 11:59 AM
I dont know how it works in your state.In mine you will not get housing because of your age, and your bf will not qualify since youre not married.They would offer you a teen living program if you had to move out. Thats what they do down here.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 2:49 PM

See what your state has to offer for families who need homes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)