Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

battling the feeling of wanting another baby so soon

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM
  • 36 Replies

I just had my son early february and in the back of my mind im always thinking about having another baby. yes im waiting because i want to be more financially stable but it's so hard and it's a constant reminder looking at my son how much i love children. Age is somewhat of a factor because a lot of people do judge when you're a certain age and they dont approve but realistically a young mom could be better at parenting than an older woman but that can be the same for both sides. I'm 18 going to be 19 and im wondering how did you get over  the feeling of wanting another baby. A lot of my feelings come from because i miss being pregnant, i miss the belly, the kicks, just everything. By the way sorry about my grammar but i just really needed to talk to someone not worry about how my grammar is... also i am using contraception so i dont get pregnant for a while. I atleast want to wait until my son is 1-2years old.

by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 4:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LancesMom
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:34 PM

Welcome! Waiting til your child is 1-2 sounds like a good plan. Good Luck!

pinkiebabii
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM
My son is 12 days old and I want to get pregnant again already lol. I am waiting because it isn't the right time because SO is sick and because I want to breastfeed at least one year.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xpectingmama10
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughters 2 on may 1st and ive had baby fever for the last 6 months. September we are going to start trying for number 2.

Bri060492
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

I know how you feel. I'm 19 and my son is 4. Right now my biggest thing I want to do is college but in the back of my mind I keep wanting to have another baby.

I usually just remember that a baby would not work right now and planning one would be unfair to my son, husband, and myself as far as our goals right now.

imamom88
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM

I there with you but i have two kids. I know we cant handle another kids right now but I want one more. Maybe we can be wait buddies! hahahaha

ParkersMom1992
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:48 PM

My son is almost 4 months old and I already want another one. I want 2 kids close in age, and my SO is all for it. But my son is by a different father and he's not in my sons life.... so I know better than to make a mistake like that again.

Soooo, I'm waiting till I'm married to have another one. It's hard, but focus on giving all your love to that LO. Soon they'll be into everything and you're going to be GLAD you're not pregnant again! hahah.

Emmas_Mommy2011
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:54 PM

Hi! Congrats on the new baby! (: and I know how you feel,I'm going to be 19 in june, and my daughter will be 1 in August. I want another baby so badly, because like you said I loved the experience of pregancy. I found the thing that stops me is wanting to give my daughter all of my attention, and do everything I can to make sure she is happy and be spoiled as much as possible. I would say we might try when she is around 2. That will be here before i know it though. Just whenever you feel like that, think about how it will affect your little love bug you have now!(:

DixieL
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:57 PM

When I had my son I wanted a brother or sister for him too. The doctor that delivered him made it so I couldn't have any more kids. I felt so bad for my son. I also had the same feeling you have missing the kicking, and moving around turning over. I also missed having the big pregnant stomach.I also still miss it all 26 years later. I don't want another kid now. It's been to long, but if I could be pregnant forever and not have the baby I would. I still miss feeling a human baby kicking me and turning around. I still miss everything about being pregnant. I just couldn't take care of another baby anymore. You are really young. If you waited a couple of years you would still be really young but maybe you would be better off in other ways. You stll have a lot of time

DixieL
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 6:59 PM

Quoting ParkersMom1992:

My son is almost 4 months old and I already want another one. I want 2 kids close in age, and my SO is all for it. But my son is by a different father and he's not in my sons life.... so I know better than to make a mistake like that again.

Soooo, I'm waiting till I'm married to have another one. It's hard, but focus on giving all your love to that LO. Soon they'll be into everything and you're going to be GLAD you're not pregnant again! hahah.

You are doing the right thing. Good Luck

novachick
by on Apr. 19, 2012 at 7:02 PM
I know how you feel. I had 3 kids 3&1/2 yrs apart from my 1st to 3rd and I've wanted another since she was about 2 months old. I want about 8 kids, maybe more :-) and I want them all close. But I just got divorced from my kids' dad so I have to wait to find a new, good, hubby. Hopefully it won't take too long lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)