Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Anyone get pregnant on Mirena?

Posted by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM
  • 14 Replies
My name is liz and I have a 9 1/2 month old son. I got the mirena put in on feb 2 2012. My dr told me I would bleed for up to 6 months then possibly not have it at all got the rest of the 5 years that I can keep it in. I missed my check up for it last month because I moved to florida. Well I haven't gotten my period for about a month and a half. The last one I had was when I had the mirena inserted. I keep like leaking, for lack of a better word, this clear mucousy substance. Last night I was horribly nauseous and shakey. I have been feeling just all around sick for about three weeks, and I just have this gut feeling of being pregnant like when I was pregnant the first time. I dont know if its even possible that the mirena could have been put in wrong and I got pregnant. Or if its just my mind forcing me to have all these thoughts because of my severe baby fever of wanting a girl soon. Any advice or opinions would be great, thanks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heather4511
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 1:31 PM
I did not. And its normal not to have a period.but if you are really concerned go see the doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kit_manson
by Member on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:39 PM

I did not, but it nearly killed me and many other women.

BeachMama05
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 8:54 PM

when I had the mirena I bled for the first 2 weeks and that was it I had it for 2 years.. I didnt get preggo but the low hormones can make you feel that way. 

a-new-beginning
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 9:21 PM

my cousin did, she was having horrible pain, and ended up having a tubal pregnancy.

kittenmom001
by on Apr. 22, 2012 at 11:44 PM
If your concerned don't ask us ask a doctor they can help you much more than we can.lol
TeenMom1619
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 12:33 AM

i have mirena. i bleed for a couples months like you suppose to. and i had sex before i was suppose toe even start and im fine.But i also went through the mucosy thing. my periods are so weird i never know when its on but you should take a home test.

.Angelica.
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:54 AM

i would test for peace of mind. good luck

JayBearsmomma
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 11:55 AM
I didnt
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tuckerdoutmom08
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM
I've had it for 3 yrs and no baby yet. It's probably your body having a reaction to the hormones that are in the mirena, but I would still see a doctor if you are truly concerned. Good luck though :)
luvesx2xsmile
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 1:52 PM

hi my name is liz too. i have an 11 month old and just got mirena. haha what  a coincidence!

my mom got pregnant when she was on mirena. but its not likey. i would go to a doctor and have it checked out. the sooner you know the better.

good luck mama

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN