Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Teen moms...they dont believe we r happy.

Posted by   + Show Post

On mom confessions...a women was complaining that she isnt buying that there are so many teen moms in good relationships, with their own places, completly happy. Honestly im doing better than most 30 years old women. Im 19 and have a 15 mnth old and two sds. R you happy and doing well? Or do you wish that you could of waited to have children?

(SHOCKER: i am not on foodstamps. Yet my 34 yr. old neighbor is)

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Replies (11-20):
1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Apr. 23, 2012 at 9:59 PM
I'm not a teen mom. I had my first at 18. I'm now 25, with 5 kids. I'm married and we have our own place. I think we are doing pretty good. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rawzle
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:23 PM
1 mom liked this

GAWD.

i HATE mom confessions lol

My life isn't amazing right now, but we are making it--and not just barely! Ofcourse my bf and I are happy though! we have love and so much support from both our families and he even got a new job recently :)

we're happy because we are together as a family--regardless of our age we're still a familia :))

JanuaryBaby06
by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 10:32 PM
1 mom liked this

WHy does it matter though? I mean really?

I mean it makes sense woman that waited and waited and did everything the more conventional way don't see how someone could be happy having not done that themselves. they think back to what their lives were like at this point and can't fathom what having a child would have been like and just think of all the things that they may/or may not have been able to accomplish with a child in tow. But young moms can't imagine what things would have been like without their precious little ones. Can't imagine that they would have had such a push to do something, be something great with out their child their inspiring them... pushing them. They pride in their struggles (which is not an easy feat in it's self) because they know they have no choice but to come out on top. They do what they can with what they got. It makes them stronger and more determined if they fennel their energy in the right direction. At the end of the da yeveryone wants to believe they took the bestroad. nobody wants to believe that they missed out on anything. Different strokes for different folks... and thats okay:D

The Ninety-Nine Percent Moms

jaidenleesmom
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:17 PM
i feel the same way when i c older ppl who r bad off financially u can just tell by looking at someone what kind of money they have. my bf works at a prison and the money is really good. i kno we r better off finacially that most older ppl. we pay our own bills and always have money in the bank and nevr depend on anybody. honestly when i c an older couple in a piece of crap vehicle and buying their food with foodstamps, it makes me feel really good and proud 2 kno that we r both 20 yrs old and r bettrr off than most ppl. its just a really amazing feeling.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
insaneygolover
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:16 AM

Besides a few battles with depression in the past year (my sexually abusive father got off and my best friend passed away 3 weeks ago) and the struggles of motherhood, I'm pretty happy. My fiancee and I have been together for 4 years, our daughter is beautiful and perfect and we're living with his dad (more like his dad is our landlord and we're renting out his basement. Its still undergoing renovations, but we'll have our own kitchen, bathroom, laundry room...its like an apartment without the asshole landlords. It should be done in a month) and we're saving for a down payment on our own place. No food stamps :) We might qualify for a program next year so we can go to the local rec center for free (something I would like to take advantage of). I`m canadian, eh?

HisMommy4Ever
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:42 AM

Wow. That's good. Wish I was in your position. No I am not happy and I am not doing well. We have no car...we struggle with food...our relationship is not that great. I am on no P.A. I have no job and we are living with my SIL which sucks. This house is already packed as it is...and I don't like it. Yes I wish I could of waited to have my son.( I had him when I was 18)...I probably wouldn't even be with his dad but maybe I could of done something different and I wouldn't be right here right now. 

pj2becca21
by Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:52 AM

I'm more than happy. We are getting by but the resession has made it harder 

jessie61309
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I had my son at 19 just turned 19. Im not with my sons dad anymore and he hasnt seen his son in 5 yrs. I had my daughter at 21. Im 25 now and my hubby is 32, were happily married, are buying our house next year ( fingers crossed) and im a sahm while he works as a welder. Im happy with my life and love my kids but I wish i had waited i wanted to do alot of things I never did, it doesnt mean im not happy and have always been happy with my life and kids but it still would have been nice to have them when I was alittle older.

ProudMommy51006
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:08 AM
Nope, I am not completely satisfied. I had dd when I was 17, and ds when I was 21. I am now almost 24 and while I love my babies, I love their daddy and we have been together 7 years, having kids so young has made life do much harder and my kids deserve better. We don't own our own home, dh just got a good job, we had to be on public assistance for a little while, we still aren't married because I feel I deserve a nice wedding but can't afford it. I have to drive my dd 20 mins to and school everyday because I want her to go to a good school and be stable in that school but we can't afford to buy a home, let alone in that area. We have done things all backwards. We should have been well established and more mature (I was mature FOR MY AGE, but I was still a kid) instead of me being a teenager still in school and daddy not in a good job.

I love my family but not happy or satisfied with where we are in life due to having kids too young.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marleymariesmum
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:26 AM

Im 19 and have a 14 month old I am still with her father he is 20 and we are very happy we pay our bills on time and are also not on foodstamps lol when i first found out i was pregnant i wished i had waited but now i wouldnt change a thing :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)