Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teen moms...they dont believe we r happy.

Posted by   + Show Post

On mom confessions...a women was complaining that she isnt buying that there are so many teen moms in good relationships, with their own places, completly happy. Honestly im doing better than most 30 years old women. Im 19 and have a 15 mnth old and two sds. R you happy and doing well? Or do you wish that you could of waited to have children?

(SHOCKER: i am not on foodstamps. Yet my 34 yr. old neighbor is)

by on Apr. 23, 2012 at 7:21 PM
Replies (21-28):
xoxkatiemarie
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:33 AM

I'm 20. I married my husband in October, and found out we were having our first baby in late November. Both of us work full time, have our own apartment, I am a full time student, and we do not get any form of help from the government. We are very happy. We have a healthy relationahip, and are thrilled about having a baby boy this summer. My family has told me numerous times that I am too young and should be doing other things with my life, but I am honestly so happy where I am now. I never wanted to go out and party, live in a dorm, etc. like my peers. I love where I am and wouldn't change it for anything. My husband and I are doing much better than his step sisters who are both older than us, jobless (and not looking for one), and getting state aid. 

mlg9209
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm 20 with a 6 month old that I had at 19. I'm very happy with my life and getting married to baby's father in November. I'm a junior at a 4 year university and my life is pretty damn fabulous at the moment. I am on food stamps . I think pa is fine when you're working your way to a better life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kiaras_mommy
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:51 AM
I have 3 kids and I got pregnant with the 1st when I was 17. Fast forward 6 yrs, dh and I live on our own, dh owns an IT business, and I sell homemade bows I make online and at local boutiques. We take care of ourselves and I wouldn't change my life. I love being able to chase after my children without getting too tired. If it weren't for them I probably wouldn't be where I am today and I like where I am.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM
I'm glad to hear so many women are doing good
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sxymomma20
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:49 PM

My son is my world he turns 5 this year I had him at 19 the only mistake there was marring the exspermdonar that doesnt give a shit about his son....Divorced finally in 11 after being split for over year and half......
Im with my bf thats my bestfriend for all my life that takes the responsibility of my son and were happy has can be life is where we should be at and not in a bad mistake

phrenicfire89
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:06 PM
I wasn't a teen mom, became Mommy at 20. DH and I are struggling a bit financially, we have WIC Medicaid and we were on food stamps. We are very happy though, we are working towards goals and ironing out what needs to be. I got pregnant with #1, which we could afford, but found out it was going to be twins. Couldn't easily afford that lol, so we struggle from that minor setback but... God, I love my family so much! My husband is my best friend, my everything! I'm so in love and just so satisfied with my marriage. My twins are amazing, so fun and so intelligent. We live by ourselves and compromise and handle situations easily. We may be on GA but we do better than my in laws, who ask for hundreds of dollars of assistance from MILs parents. We get maybe $250 in GA.... Not counting Medicaid I suppose. Never really thought about it. We have a lot for people to judge, but no one can tell us we aren't happy, we are working to be happier, by working to have the satisfaction of doing it solo. Until we get there, we have to work for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.Angelica.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:40 PM

i wasn't a teen mom really (i did have my son at 19 but turned 20 3 months later) i have been married for 6 years now and we've owned our house/car the last 5 years. we are happy and doing well

coupon_ash_back
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:12 PM

We are doing just fine, and I don't wish I had waited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)