• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A little freaked out

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

Okay well to start off I lost my son in october when I was 8 months pregnant with him. They do not know why I lost him. I recently found out I'm pregnant again with baby number 3.  It's been 6 1/2 months and they said I'm about 4- 4 1/2 months along. I go to the doctors on tuesday to find out how far along I actually am and all that. I dealt with postpartum depression after losing my son. They had me on zoloft and xanax. So this is what worries me. i didnt stop taking Zoloft til the end of January. Which means i would have taken it at the very beginning of my pregnancy. I stopped taking it due to the fact I thought I was pregnant, and seeing the commercials about some antidepressants causing birth defects and what not in infants. It also doesnt help the fact that Since I lost my son I have been put at a higher risk for miscarrying. Which only made me wait longer to actually take the pregnancy test and what not. I'm pretty sure i'm just over reacting but i cant help but think that something else is gunna happen with this pregnancy. My old obgyn(the one i had with my son) Was terrible. I have changed obgyns and all since but I just feel like they screwed me over at my old doctors. I had an appointment the day before i lost my son..The only thing they did was measure my uterus and check his heartbeat. They didnt check for anything else like they normally do at 8 months( with my daughter at 7 months they started checking my cervix..) They had checked my cervix once when i went to the emergency room and they said it was soft(not how it was actually supposed to be) and it just makes me wonder what else could have gone wrong and the doctors not have found out. 

Sorry just kinda venting..

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
neftalizito
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 12:53 AM
Dont worry ask god to protect your little one since god has given him to you. I will be praying for you
Lilmzmegz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:42 PM

Not to be rude but I do not believe in god. I am in no way religious and consider myself to not have a religion at all. 

Vipergirl22
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:47 PM

All you can do is hope for the best..and try to not stress too much. And I am sorry for your loss.

Lilmzmegz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Like I just dont know if i should express my concerns to my new ob when i go on tuesday or if i should just wait it out and see where it goes. I have hope and believe this one will make it. I'm trying not to stress out too much but its hard. And thanks 

Lilmeme021888
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 1:53 PM

Well for one try not to worry too much thats not good for the baby. And about the meds...I was on zoloft and effexor, 2 of the drugs on those lists for the first 2 months of my last pregnant and everything turned out ok. Just take it easy and try to relax. I hope everything goes great for you. Sorry for your loss and good luck!

Jess__C
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM
Keep in mind each pregnancy is new and different. That being said always tell your doctor everything and if you feel your not being listened to find a new doctor. About your old dr. I don't think it's all that common to to do a cervical check at that stage in pregnancy if your not high risk. My pregnancy I was checked all of twice once at my initial visit and again at 39 weeks. I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lilmzmegz
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 2:09 PM

With how my cervix was it did put me at higher risk than normal. Even when i went in to the ER the next day they had asked and said i should have been checked. I also have really low blood pressure(Nothing that they worry too much about but they do always seem concerned when i get my BP taken) and with my anemia they are usually concerned too. With my daughter they checked at 7 1/2 months along with every visit after that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)