Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rock hard...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM
  • 18 Replies

BOOBS! What do I do??! I gave birth to my beautiful daughter 3 days ago (the 22nd) and today, my first day home, my boobs are ROCK HARD and it hurts soo bad. No joke. And leaky. I do not breastfeed or pump... So just wondering if anyone has any tips to make them soft again and dry up quickly.... pleaseeeee help me!

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Cowgirl_Momma19
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM
Take a hot shower and let the water spray them for a bit. Then massage in circles toward your nipples and try to express milk. You're engorged. Because you aren't breastfeeding, only express enough to feel comfortable. Too much expression will stimulate more milk production
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:42 PM
Can I ask why you aren't breastfeeding? Seriously not trying to be rude but there are great benefits to breastfeeding for you and baby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Benefits: http://www.notmilk.com/101.html

Express enough to take edge off. Cold cabbage leaves and ibuprophen for pain and swelling. BC pills containing Estrogen can dry you up too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 4:55 PM

I didn't breastfeed either and I also used the shower to relieve some of the milk. You can also try to wrap yourself in an ace bandage and I believe it has to be tight.

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:03 PM
Don’t bind your breasts. This is an old fashioned idea which is no longer recommended because it can make you very uncomfortable, and may cause plugged ducts and mastitis.

Quoting Vipergirl22:

I didn't breastfeed either and I also used the shower to relieve some of the milk. You can also try to wrap yourself in an ace bandage and I believe it has to be tight.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Vipergirl22
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Don’t bind your breasts. This is an old fashioned idea which is no longer recommended because it can make you very uncomfortable, and may cause plugged ducts and mastitis.

Quoting Vipergirl22:

hmm never heard that before oh well.

skylaelise12
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

Can I ask why you aren't breastfeeding? Seriously not trying to be rude but there are great benefits to breastfeeding for you and baby.

It's just not for me. No big reason why not. I just don't feel comfortable with it..

KylersMom8-16-7
by Platinum Member on Apr. 25, 2012 at 6:26 PM
Alrighty then...

Good luck and hope you get some relief.

Quoting skylaelise12:

Quoting KylersMom8-16-7:

It's just not for me. No big reason why not. I just don't feel comfortable with it..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leaellenrenee
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:05 PM
I wanted to breastfeed but my daughter wouldn't latch. So I began pumping and then she decided she liked the taste of formula better and wouldn't take breast milk. I didn't bind my breasts tight but I did use a sports bra which gave enough counter pressure to be comfortable. The pain went away after a week and I stopped leaking after two weeks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
memekisses
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:21 AM
Showers helps a lot. I didn't wrap in a ace bandage but wore sports bras or tube tops undwr my shirts(obviously) the cabbage thing is crap. Oh! Try putting a warm towel over your chest. It'll release some of that milk and a lot of pain
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)