Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it normal for me to feel this way!!!

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM
  • 3 Replies

I'm a first time mother to a beautiful little 15 month old. I was a stay at home mother for a little over a year and have decided to go back to work. I've been working for 3 weeks and have my mom (baby's grandma) watch her while I'm at work, which is nice. However when I go to pick my daughter up in the evenings (which is my highlight of the day) she doesn't want to go to me. She cries and screams and it makes me feel like my spot has been taken. I feel like grandma has become favorite and that my own daughter wants nothing to do with me now. Am I overanalyzing the scene or is it normal to feel this way?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
BeachMama05
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:48 PM

Its normal! its still new to her so she is having "fun" but eventually it will get old and she will be waiting by the door for you!

Rachellee12
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 7:50 PM

Every mom feels this way at some point or another even if they dont admit it. I felt this way, honestly it is a stage. She knows who you are. She loves you, Maybe just grandma is a rule free place? I don't know the whole story, but good luck, and dont feel bad.

Henrysmomma0915
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:01 PM

Its normal and will go away over time.  She will become more attached to you again and you will get use to being away from her so much.  I work at a daycare and had my son at the same daycare when I wasn't working there before hand.  It was hard at first but it does get easier once you establish a routine.  Good luck! <3

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)