• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

in need of some support...

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:24 PM
  • 10 Replies

ok so my boyfriend makes really good money, he makes about 450 a week, and im still at home with the kids, im about to get my license for massage therapy but for some reason he complains and bitches about the money....he CANT wait for me to get a job!!! and i understand its hard to do it on ur own supporting a girlfriend and 2 kids but that seems to be the issue of all our fights! we spend about 200 a week on groceries and then the insurance for both cars and the gas and extra stuff...we got a lot back on taxes this year cause he not only claimed the children but he claimed me as well cause i havent had a job.

i really want a job mainly to make him stop bitching about it! but i also want to be able to do things on my own without having to ask for his money......

has anyone else been in a similar situation? how do u get thru the complaining and the constant bitching from the other half?

by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tm88rn
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:33 PM
I've never been in that situation, sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoLee12345
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:37 PM

450.00 a week is not good money, it is only 1800.00 a month. Not to be mean, but he has every reason to be concerned! We make 1200.00 evry 2 weeks, and being army we have no rent, no bills, except cell phone, cable and insurance, and it is still hard! I really think you should work in tat situation! GL but honestly, you are barely getting by!

sadiebug1228
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 8:44 PM

well 450 a week is more than double minimum wage for louisiana, so its better than what everyone else i know is making....

NotAsPlanned
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:11 PM

I think its good money girl! :) And ive never been in the situation but i would say talk to him about it. :) Good luck momma!

leaellenrenee
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 9:56 PM
In Illinois my fiancée makes anywhere from 650 to 800 a week which is fine and we still have some money leftover at the end of each month. However, I want to get a job because I feel bad everytime I ask for money. I just feel like I don't contribute. He used to have issues giving me money but he now feels that what's his is mine and what's mine is his. It's still difficult though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on Apr. 25, 2012 at 10:56 PM

Quoting NotAsPlanned:

I think its good money girl! :) And ive never been in the situation but i would say talk to him about it. :) Good luck momma!

1.hot.mama2005
by Ruby Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 10:59 AM
This.

Quoting NotAsPlanned:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MuhKayRuh
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:17 AM

It was the other way around with my bf for awhile. It's irritating working your ass off and paying for everything. But then again I DO think it's a mans job to provide for his family. I say just get a little side job for the extra cash! :) You never want to rely 100% on a man, because you never know what could happen!

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:20 AM
If he is asking you to get a job, then go get a job. 450 a week is not good money. how do you make a house payment with all that, especially since touch are already spending 800 on food?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sweatiton
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 11:25 AM

Hi There!

I am lucky, my boyfriend doesn't complain too much...just would like the grocery bill to come down! I do work a couple days a week for a little fun money. 

If I were you I would try to lower the food bill, try couponing or just ways to consolidate! Also try to budget allowences for you two, that way it is known you both get some non explaining money!

It will be good for you to work a little and get your own money...then you will get out of the house and feel like you are contributing financially! We all know how much you are contributing by staying at home(sometimes I think it is harder than working!!!)

Just try to avoid the fighting because that gets tiresome as well...even bringing the grocery bill down $10 a week would show him you are trying!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)