Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms
I'm always seeing on here how girls are devastated by being 130-140 pounds after having a baby. I was 155 when i got pregnant with dd. I actually ended up losing a lot of weight because I had no appetite so within a month or two after having her I weighed 135 and I maintained that even after my appetite came back. So I was ecstatic. However, it seems like now a days 135 is chubby. Maybe I just feel this way because I'm hormonal being preggo with baby number 2 and I've always had self esteem issues... Is 135 really all that bad?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
Lilmzmegz
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:39 AM

I hate being emotional and hormonal. I mean i can end up crying over the silliest things..and get pissed off over simple things.. Like today i was coming home from work and normally we have these little bottles of orange juice..But they didnt have the kind i normally get.. And i got like sooo pissed off.. and instead got stuff for baked potatoes for tomorrow >.< 

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:51 AM

It depends on how tall you are.  I'm 5'8"  when i was 135 people thought I was anorexic and tried to force feed me.  If you just barely top 4', 135 would be chubby.

leaellenrenee
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 12:53 AM
I'm 5'5"

Quoting shadow_lark:

It depends on how tall you are.  I'm 5'8"  when i was 135 people thought I was anorexic and tried to force feed me.  If you just barely top 4', 135 would be chubby.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM
2 moms liked this

Well, according to the mayo clinic bmi calculator you are well with in the healthy range for your height.  And, to be honest, It shouldnt matter what people say.  If you know you are a healthy weight, and can be comfortable with yourself, then thats all that matters. 

Quoting leaellenrenee:

I'm 5'5"

Quoting shadow_lark:

Are you young and married?         Join us in Young Married Mothers; a place to connect with other young moms, get advice or just hang around.  http://www.cafemom.com/group/116197

phrenicfire89
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 1:06 AM
Ha! I wish I weighed 135. I gained 60 lbs with my twins and got pregnant 5 months later, I had 24 lbs to lose to get back to pre-baby weight. Its going to take forever to get to 135! You are fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HizzPrincess
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:53 PM

u girls kill me. Im 20 years old, 5'5 and i weighed 215 before i was pregnant. :P ive lost weight being pregnant and i was on steroids before getting pregnant but id give ANYTHING to be ATLEAST 160 and 135 would have me even happier.

(doesnt help that df is like 115 lbs, I feel like an elephant)

samara_love33
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM
135 looks good to me depending on height and age. I'm 22 and pregnant and hope when I deliver I get to see 135. With my dd I made it to 135 after I delivered her after a few weeks I was back to 110 but I'm under 5 ft and always will be unless I get surgery. Once I hit my 40s 135 hopefully is all I want to weigh or less
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather4511
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 3:59 PM
135 is deff not big. But it also depends on your height, if you are 5' like me, then thats a bit much. Just don't let your hormones get the best of you! You don't need to worry about your weight so much now anyway :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gabrielat
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Girl I would LOVE to be 135. I'm 157 and I've only had one baby lol. You're probably just feeling selfconscience. Just remember this quote when you're feeling down about yourself - 

"When life gives you curves, flaunt them." ;)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

PitaPata Cat tickers

tm88rn
by on Apr. 26, 2012 at 5:09 PM

It depends on your height. I am 5'7", and right now I am 126. I finally, finally managed to put on some weight. I am 25 weeks pregnant (26 weeks tomorrow), and at one point, I was down to 119, which is one pound above underweight for my height. However, I worked hard to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight after I had my boys. I was about 122 when I got pregnant, I gained 38 pounds, so I was about 160, but I lost about 20 at the hospital, and was back to my pre-pregnancy weight in two months. I would be upset if I weighed more than 130 not pregnant and more than 4 months after birth. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN