Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was giving birth the first time ???

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you tear ???
How is it after ???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Replies (21-30):
QJsmommy
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:42 PM
Yes painful, I ripped two places inside, and then got cut so after hurt too. Three different rows of stitches. I felt like something was always pinching me down there!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momabear455
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:45 PM

My first birth was painful and I had an epidural, but I guess they didn't administer much back then because I felt alot of pain and was in it for 22 hours.  I was 20 years old then.  After I was so sore, it wasn't pleasant at all.  The father wasn't there because we were fighting and he was in jail anyway so my mom and aunt were there.  My second and third births were much better, they don't hesitate to overmedicate now, and I appreciate the birthing experience much more, especially being older you learn more and enjoy more.

ProudMommy51006
by Bronze Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:52 PM
With my second I was induced for medical reasons, it was very painful but the totally labor was 12 hours. It was different because labor was in the hospital bed from start to finish, made it seem long.

I went 11 hours without the epidural and then again, baby was out within an hour. I didn't have to push him out at all I relaxed and the contractions pushed him out. The epidural didn't work this time either, again painful when I had the urge to push. With him I felt the ring of fire. I did't tear at all.

Recovery was all great except I got my tubes tied in the hospital and it got infected right away so that was,painful and the surgery itself was painful for a week.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
-KC-
by Ymu Momma on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:56 PM
I didnt tear at all, and I told them from the start NO EPISODOMY unless babys health depends upon it. I didnt feel anything until the next day. The next day I had cramps, clots, and bad bleeding. Kinda like extreme period lol I dont remember it being bad once I got home. For me it didn't take long to heal. The only pain I had is mild cramps. Oh and I only felt a bit uncomfortable down there. It didnt bother me much. My son was 6lbs 14oz btw :)

Quoting Cuffd:

After were u hurting ??? Like you tear down there & get stiches :O

Quoting -KC-:

Let me put it this way. Giving birth doesnt tickle. Epidural made it way better though. The whole process took me 7 hours, went smoothly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tm88rn
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 7:24 PM
It hurt, but it wasn't agonizing or unbearable. I had my twins completely naturally, no pain medication, no medical interventions. I was in labor for 9 hours, my water broke after 7, two hours later I had Benson, then Payton. I didn't tear at all, and only pushed for about 30 minutes. After was amazing. I nursed them both and then my husband and I just got to know our babies. I went home a day later, and was back to normal in about four days. I bled about two weeks, and three weeks after I was 100% again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Yes it was painful!! Hurt like hell it was horrible .. oh yes I had an epidural. It failed. I also tored, I was given pit and it made everything worse. The epidural didn't make thinsg better it slowed down my labor. I was in labor for 16 hrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kmorales7690
by Member on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:18 PM
Pretty paunful after,was awesome, I had no meds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
piwife
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM
Oh by the way am due with number 3 soon and am going to go all natural cuz all be damm if I get an epidural again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sandra_t00
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:19 PM
14 hrs of labor, no epidural. It wasn't so bad. I have a high tolerance for pain. I managed through the pain with breathing.

I then had a c-section and I hope and pray I never have one again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmo3bb
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 8:20 PM

It wasn't fun. But it got harder and shorter with each one. First one took the longest but the contractions weren't as bad and got worse with each baby. I had my first at 18, and a nurse told my mom I handled the pain better than most my age. I have never had an epidural, but I had stadahl with my first two.

Had the most stitches with the first and that took about 3 months to heal. After birth pains were worse with #4, probably because I wasn't taking pain meds for the stitches though. The cramping when the uterus goes down hurts but staying hydrated helps.

Amy, mother to five beautiful blessings!
"Dani B" (8), "Topher" (7), "Lukie Bob" (4), 
"Bella" (2), 
& Baby "Sammy" Due December 5, 2012!!!!! 
pregnancy calendar 
Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things [food & clothing] shall be added unto you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)