Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

How was giving birth the first time ???

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you tear ???
How is it after ???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Replies (51-60):
LifeSavorLove
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM

the burning when you pee varies from person to person, your area is sensitive with usually open wounds and the acid in the pee makes it burn. But i tore pretty bad(couldnt feel it though) and it didnt burn when i peed. The epidural hurt but i'm one of the few who didnt get a good nurse to do the epidural..i think he may have hit a nerve. Lke i said i'm one of the FEW.  pushing didnt hurt just a little pressure. afterwards i was quite sore but they gave me some meds to help. i had been imagining that day since i found out i was pregnant but once you see your baby..its a whole diff. thing then you would have ever thought.

sxymomma20
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:34 PM

never gave birth had emergency c-section the first time and then a routine 2nd time

BeachMama05
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:05 PM

I labored for 7 hours which wasnt bad since I had the epidural (got to 9 cent dialted) but it eneded in emergency c-section 

then my 2nd was a repeat c-section

chelsea1401
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:09 AM

It was a breeze! I went to the doctor for a normal check up at 37 weeks.. They said my fluid was low so I was going to be admitted the next night and friday morning be induced.. Well 3 am the labor started on its own.. 7 am got the epidural at 6 cm. 10 am started pushing 10:39 baby Bristol was here... 5lbs 13oz.

cannot wait to give birth again

MamatoKy
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:11 AM

eh after an induction, after they broke my water, after 37 hours of not progressing being in labor, after an emergency c section....its was awesome. =) but after...AFTER all those things.

sunshin3mom8
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:10 PM
I had a c-section and was very pleasant compared to my thoughts about it. The recovery was HELL because I thought I was a badass and didn't need pain meds. I was very wrong. Take the meds. Lol that's if you have a c-section.
KRIZZ25
happy fall y'all...
Yesterday at 12:53 PM
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:28 PM

truth..it hurt like hell..i had night mares for months.. i was in Paine for at least 6 months after. i hurt my back 4 weeks after given birth ..so my recover was not as quick as others.

remaining_me
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:28 PM

lol, of course it's painfful, but its not unbarable. after wasnt bad for me the first time, but i rested a lot. i had a very angelic LO who slept thru the night almost instantly and hardly ever cried. i dreaded having to poop, lol. I just didnt want to do it knowing I had stiches. But it happened and I lived, lol.

Cuffd
by on May. 1, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meredithrocks
by on May. 1, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I tore pretty bad, but I think it was because my doctor was rushing me so much. (There was another woman about to give birth about the same time as me). I hate my OB for that.

My doctor also just pulled my placenta out immediately after I delivered, when they are supposed to just let you deliver it naturally. (TMI, sorry.) Which hurt like no other.

I was also in severe pain "down there" for at least 3 weeks after I had my daughter, because of how bad I tore. I couldn't sit right for at least 2 weeks, and it took me at least 5-10 minutes just to sit down/get up, and to get in and out of bed.

I also had intense bleeding for 6 weeks after delivery, soaking through probably 10-12 pads per hour ( I think from my doctor pulling out placenta), for probably 4 weeks.

Besides my doctor being horrible and all the pain, it was a wonderful experience giving birth to my daughter!

Check out the new Teen Moms group!

A group exclusively for teen mothers under 20, to talk and ask questions of other teens, about the joys and struggles of teen motherhood!

To visit, click here! : Teen Moms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)