Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How was giving birth the first time ???

Posted by   + Show Post
Did you tear ???
How is it after ???
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 28, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Replies (61-70):
Redwall
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I had a C-section and it was wonderful!  My boy was born with a perfectly round head, I recovered quickly and life was good. 

MrsRinehart2010
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:55 PM

My first was wounderfull, i went in to labor in the middle of the night (my water broke) , um granted i had been dialated since 6 months. thye stoped my labor at 6 months. but any ways, water broke got to thehospitall about 2 hours later, they checked me headed me into labor and delivery.  they hooked me up to every thing.  I was in labor 12 hours from start to finish and it went pretty fast I loved it. sex was the same afterward.

Second my labor was horrible, I had to have my water broke a month early I was already 4 1/2 cm and an hour later when I got to the hospital I was 5 1/2 cm and had couldnt feel my contractions. they broke my water game me pitocin and it stalled my labor an almost had a c-section I will never let them induce me again. but again sex is still the ssame. 6 hours in labor.

but that was both my experiences and /i would rather have my first labor over my second.

ivilayla
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:04 PM
I got my epidural at 6 cm. Before the contactions hurt, was a lot of pressure but it was bearable, not as bad as I thought it'd be. Once they broke my water at 8 cm, things started to hurt a lot more. Even with the epidural cause it started to wear off a little. When her head was crowning they did an episiotomy and I felt the doctor cut me, then her head and shoulders came out and that hurt pretty bad. But once I heard her cry it took my attention away from the pain. They had to stitch me afterwards and along with the horrible hemmroids I got during pregnancy and labor, the made the weeks after giving birth way worse than actual labor. I could barely pre the first week or so without some kind of pain and forget going number 2 (sorry if that tmi lol).
I was only in labor 12/14 hours though.

My baby is 4 months now and sex isn't the same. If we try to have sex it burns. I just went to the doctor and they said I have scar tissue from the episiotomy that's inflammed. They gave me an injection which should help. And hopefully ill be able to have a sex life again lol! Anyways the weeks after were much worse for me then laboring and giving birh
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ivilayla
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:10 PM
I hate the same problem! Couldn't get up or sit down without pain and I bled like crazy!

Quoting Meredithrocks:

I tore pretty bad, but I think it was because my doctor was rushing me so much. (There was another woman about to give birth about the same time as me). I hate my OB for that.

My doctor also just pulled my placenta out immediately after I delivered, when they are supposed to just let you deliver it naturally. (TMI, sorry.) Which hurt like no other.

I was also in severe pain "down there" for at least 3 weeks after I had my daughter, because of how bad I tore. I couldn't sit right for at least 2 weeks, and it took me at least 5-10 minutes just to sit down/get up, and to get in and out of bed.

I also had intense bleeding for 6 weeks after delivery, soaking through probably 10-12 pads per hour ( I think from my doctor pulling out placenta), for probably 4 weeks.

Besides my doctor being horrible and all the pain, it was a wonderful experience giving birth to my daughter!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambermario4ever
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:12 PM

it was nice and easy no i did not tear and after i was just a little sore in the ab area 

BrittBratt
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:15 PM
It sucked but it was SO worth it :)

I didn't have an epidural, did not tear. Well, I had a tiny abrasion from DDs shoulders but it couldn't even be called a " tear".
Afterwards was fine. Had some bleeding issues right after and the after pains sucked but it wasn't bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AandDsMomma
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:34 PM
My water broke on its own but the Dr was concerned cuz it was pretty bloodly, took over an hour to get to hospital since I was out camping (go figure LOL I was also 38 1/2weeks) after that got pitocin only bad part was my mil she kept massaging me and I was not in a mood to be touched by anyone but the nurse or ob. Entire labor was a bit over 9hours didn't tear and no epidural. My second delivery was easy I was induced they started pitocin at 6:30 am broke my water at 7:30am and was born at 8:38am no epidural and only a slight tear but he was 9 lbs 5oz. My first was only 6 lbs 9 oz bother were 21 inches long
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Child_of_Youth
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:36 PM

My first delivery was easy. I didn't really feel a thing. And I had to get a few stiches but it waws all good. The meds helped with the pain that I felt. Now my second one is a WHOLE different story...even though I didn't tear it was freaking painful!

candymandy
by on May. 2, 2012 at 8:01 AM
Bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CLaBeef
by on May. 2, 2012 at 9:06 AM

oh man i was in labor for 3 days, got an epidural and when my water fully broke it wore off and the button they give you to get more was NOT working so i felt everythingg, but when it came to pushing it didn't hurt and you can't feel then stitch you after, mostly cause your holding your baby:)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)