Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dropping out of college.

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:12 PM
  • 11 Replies

Poll

Question: Should I drop out of college?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

Right now, I just had a baby & I have twins as well. I'm not supoosed to go back to school until 6 weeks but, I went back at 2 weeks. I don't want to fall behide. But now I'm missing my girls & school is too much to handle. I have two jobs & my husband has one & it seems like we hardly get much. My schedule is wake up at 5, go to school at 6:30, to work at 12, go back to school at 2, then at 3 I go to my second job. I have to pay for the bills & stuff for the babies, so do you think I should drop out?

by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tm88rn
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:43 PM
Only you know if you should drop out or not. I went to school, then had kids. But I would say don't drop out. College is your best shot at making a better life for your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3Aces2012
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 12:47 PM
Try online classes or take less classes, it will take longer to finish but it is better than dropping out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NotAsPlanned
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:16 PM
I agree with this. I know its a lot to handle but college is really really important for you and your childrens future so you should really stick it out girl. Good luck!

Quoting 3Aces2012:

Try online classes or take less classes, it will take longer to finish but it is better than dropping out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LillycakesMommy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:30 PM

Don't drop out. IMO I think perhaps best thing would be to drop one of your job (the one that pays less or has less hours) and have your DH pick one up. I was in college for 2 years (out of a 4 year degree), half way there I moved in with my boyfriend.  Now we're married and have our 2nd on the way, but in your case you have the family bundle already, just don't over exert yourself.  I was half way there and somedays I feel bad I didn't finish.  Hang in there!  You'll be proud in the end even more I think :) Hubs can help out I'm sure and then you can focus on school.

LillycakesMommy
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Quoting 3Aces2012:

Yeah, even if you don't do the online route, let's say you fall behind in a class and even get a "not so fantastic" grade, you might even have to take the class over, school will take longer but it's better than dropping out.

~*Christina*~

*Mommy of one and one on the way*

blowing kisses

keriley1
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM

For me, I quit going right around when baby is due. Like I just finished spring semester. I thought about doing summer also, but I am due August, and planning a wedding for October, and I work full time, so its too much to add school too. I wont start again until probably next spring. I don't want to start school with a new baby and a toddler. But I plan on taking a few classes once DD#2 is a little easier to handle. I did the same thing with DD#1. I took my final in the hospital a few hours after giving birth (it as an online class) and I didn't take classes again until she was bigger. I think taking classes at the right time is key. So maybe stop for right now, and just keep taking classes here and there when its better timing. There shouldn't be a hurry to get them all done.

xoxkatiemarie
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Tough it out girl. Be strong, it will be better for your family in the long run for you to finish school and get a degree. I know it's hard, I'm in the same boat!

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:35 AM
It's no ones decision, but yours. Good luck! I'm sure you'll make the right one. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JanaeMarie
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:46 AM
Well, do what's best for YOU and YOUR kids and health. I got pregnant my very last yr of college and was due two weeks b4 my math final for graduation. I'm a single parent no help from BD. I toughed it out and finished school. But no one can give you the right answer becuz you know best. If you go on hiatus MAKE SURE YOU FINISH. If you took out loans (hopefully u didn't) they want their money back so you might as well finish even you have to drop something. You should be taking it easy. But I do understand I worked two jobs when I was preg too.
I wish you and your family the best congrats on the bundles of joy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM
that's only a decision you can make honey
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)