Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Seriously..(UPDATE)

Posted by   + Show Post
My fiance just left to go out and have a couple drinks with one of his friends and I'm bawling my eyes out crying right now. Hes only going to be gone a few hours but I have severe anxiety and depression and I cant help it. I used to do this when he would leave for work too but I got over it. He hasnt gone out in months and I'm not used to not being around him unless hes at work. I cant calm myself down, I'm sitting here chain-smoking my cigarettes just to take the edge off. I dont want to have these anxiety attacks when he leaves, I feel pathetic, I dont know what to do with myself and I cant make it go away. I cant fall asleep at night without him, there hasnt been a night we havent gone to bed together in about two years. Our son is alseep already and I dont know what to do with myself. I just need to be occupied so I figured I'd vent my problems to all of you, thanks for reading, I appreciate it.

Update: so my fiance left at 9:45pm, he said he would only be out "a couple hours" it is now almost 2am.. I dont know wether to be worried or pissed.. I'm a bit of both right now.. :'(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 29, 2012 at 10:08 PM
Replies (31-40):
a5hl3yC
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:32 AM

Have you ever been able to speak with a doctor about this? I know it's easier said than done but sometimes you have to.

I used to be the same way. There hasn't been a day in nearly 3 years I haven't seen my df and it's been over 2 years of us always falling asleep together. Right now he's dropping off a friend who was visiting so I'm feeling semi similar. Since it's late and he's terrible with keeping up replies so I know what's going on. Is there a chance he might think you are sleeping and doesn't want to wake you? Have you tried sending him a message?

charliebean
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:15 AM
Is there anyone you could talk to? Maybe take a hot bath? Watch a movie to get your mind off things?

Quoting lizjones:

Hmm well, I would cut myself, or there was this one time I actually tried to kill myself. However, those aren't exactly on my list of options anymore.

Quoting charliebean:

How did you handle it before you met your SO?

Quoting lizjones:

Long before, along with depression.

Quoting charliebean:

Did you have this anxiety problem before or after you started dating?

Quoting lizjones:

Quoting charliebean:

How old are you?

Quoting lizjones:

About two years

Quoting charliebean:

How long have you been together?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
delainey.oneill
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:53 AM
I'm the same way we have a 3 weeks old and I cry when ever he leave I'm just bot ready to.be by my self:( its so hard....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:41 AM
I'm sorry. *hugs*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JayBearsmomma
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:46 PM
thanks for the update
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
littleinsect
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:52 PM
I understand how you feel and I know it sucks :( I hope he came home after you updated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jackieb2811
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 1:59 PM

I wouldn't say I have anxiety when my SO leaves but I do have trouble sleeping when he works night shift every other week. I mean that is a little crazy but you really need to talk to a doc about that. I think you are more afraind of being alone for fear something bad will happen to you than you are about him being gone.

MuhKayRuh
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Sounds like you're WAY too attached to him at the hip. You should start finding your own friends to hang out with, or things to do so you aren't freaking out if he goes and does something. That's preobably really stressful on him. And 10-2AM? that IS a couple of hours. Just relax!

.Angelica.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 2:42 PM

hope he wasn't gone too long

mommy51611
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 3:33 PM

My bf/bd owns a shop so there was many late nights...my advice....invest in a body pillow. you can wrap it around your back and its just like they are there. it always helped me sleep better. hope things get better for ya.

Quoting lizjones:

I would love to cuddle with my son, hes ten months old, but hes already asleep in his crib and if I take him out he will stay awake. And I cant fall asleep without my fiance in bed with me anyways :/

Quoting skittlebeans88:

whenever my dh goes out with friends, I just snuggle up next to my little girl (4 months old) and go to bed early. I can't stay up and wait for him, I get too anxious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)