Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

this young mom survived :)

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM
  • 5 Replies
Her first mouth injury on a toddler :) Twin A tried slipping out of the chairs I bought them, to walk around, and I didnt catch him in time. It's a toddler chair so it was not a far drop lol but it still made him fall. Well he only cried for about 30 seconds but a couple minutes later I noticed something smeared on his face and hands. Upon closer examination I discovered his gum was bleeding. I wrapped him in a blanket, to keep him from wiggling away or hurting one of us, and put a cold wet washcloth on his gum until I could see clearly. He tore the skin that attaches his lip to his gum. :( so I called my mom to see if it was a big deal, mom of 3 boys and 2 girls over there, and she said no. If he acts fussy and keeps touching it give him tylenol and feed him liquids for the rest of the night. I didn't freak out, no emergency room visit. :) the only thing bad is I texted my husband...I'm sure I stressed him out lol, sorry babe....... <3
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Vipergirl22
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 8:10 PM

Well at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Glad he is ok.

tiffany0214
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 9:36 PM
My 3 yr old knocked his brother down when he was 9 months and it caused the skin to rip like that... it was scary looking. Good for u for staying calm. I freaked out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BeachMama05
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 10:02 PM

Quoting Vipergirl22:

Well at least it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Glad he is ok.

rebelheart120
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:28 AM

When my little boy was 1 he was running down our driveway and had no concept of *slowing down* he just stopped running lol. Fell face first! Knocked his front tooth out :) So my beautiful child will have a toothless grin until he is about 7. He is almost 4 now and it fits him perfectly, I think he will look strange with all this teeth because I havent really ever seen him with all his teeth other than those first few months when it came it.

Him knocking his tooth out so young was just a sign of things to come! I am HONESTLY surprised nothing has been in a cast yet :) **fingers crossed**

Lilmzmegz
by on May. 1, 2012 at 2:01 AM

Glad everythings okay! DD has been in and out of the er for nursemaids elbow! she never wants to let me pop it back to place..and she makes much more of a deal outta it than it really is(Shes 2 1/2 so her personality can be quite the little drama queen at times!)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN