Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My rights as a teen mom.

Posted by   + Show Post

I need advice. I am a teen mom still under my mothers custody. I will be 18 in one year but she lets me make no choices for my child. She always throws the fact that I am under age. In my face because she wantsw to raise my child in a different way than I want to. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Replies (21-30):
KarenBadazz2011
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:29 PM

Please do not sign over your rights my mom had me do that when i was 16 and end up kicking me out and keeping my son i didnt know better at the time but i have learned. Just keep your head high and just deal with it for 1 more year after that you are free with your child and you will get to raise your child the way you want. your child should still be young to learn your ways. i know its hard i was there and its stress full but keep your mind on school and to get out of there when you are out of school. maybe getting a part time job and start saving will be the best. best of luck

Sugar and Spice Little Moments Photo Contests

Please Come Join Us

Dino2012
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:50 PM
if you have rights to your daughters, your mother has no say in how you raise her. if she had rights, then it'll be different. best of luck hun! i know how you feel kinda. i'm turn 17 and my dad says crap to me sometimes. wanna talk you can message me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:51 PM
legally she can't do that

phrenicfire89
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:58 PM
I did some research and found there is no specific law on this subject. Your parent is still responsible for you is all it said.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcvencil
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Look more into emancipation. There are lots of organizations that help support yound, emancipated adults and there are even more that help support single teen moms. Look into some churches in your area (even if you don't go there or have no intention of going there ever) and they usually have support and help.

Good luck!

a5hl3yC
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:29 AM

What exactly does she try to make you do with your child that you don't agree with? I don't think the court will just go and side with her if the baby's father's family is willing to help you out.

tina08mommy
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 12:31 AM
Your mom can't make any choices for your child. You are your child's mom not her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pj2becca21
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:16 AM

You can get amancipated and move out. 

Another don't let her bully you!!! If you have full custody of your child and she dosen't she can't tell you what to do or how to raise her/him. she give you advise and that it. you need to lay down the rules with your mom. and raise your child your way 

kmorales7690
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 4:21 AM

a court will not take your mothers side in a battle of YOUR CHILD as long as your decisions are not harmful to the child,legally she has no say in the way the child is raised, its your decision, for you to step up and raise the child,

rosebud60002002
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:29 AM

Personally, I'd say talk to other family members, or your boyfriends parents and tell them what's going on, I'msure they would help u. Or see if u can get some kind of governemnt aid. No person should under go what u are, specially not a new mother. Trust me hun, I know where you're comming from, my mother was the same way... except my mom tried to force me to abort my child but that didnt happen he's still growin and only has 10weeks left inside me and hes free lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)