Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

My rights as a teen mom.

Posted by   + Show Post

I need advice. I am a teen mom still under my mothers custody. I will be 18 in one year but she lets me make no choices for my child. She always throws the fact that I am under age. In my face because she wantsw to raise my child in a different way than I want to. 

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:01 PM
Replies (51-56):
-KC-
by Ymu Momma on May. 1, 2012 at 6:47 PM
yea when it comes to laws...mass sucks

Quoting pj2becca21:

IN Cali you are. I don't know every state law on this. I just know my state law.

Quoting -KC-:

Youre not automatically emancipated in mass. I got in trouble with DCF just for living away from my mom just because I was 17. I already had my son by then. They told me it was illegal -_- at least Im older now. No need to worry about that. When I lived in PR at 16 away from my mother nobody cared....It depends on where you at.

Quoting pj2becca21:

Yes and No. Medical for your self and child. Money wise for your child. but your parents are still your parents 

Quoting JJSMOMMYxox:

If you have a child arn't you automatically emancipated from your parents?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambernickels
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I don't know how it works where you live but here if you have a child you are considered an adult. Either way she has no right to do that. Tell her to back off or when you move out there will be consequences. My mother does not see my daughter because she does not know how to follow my rules, and that'sa problem. If you have other family to move in with, I would do that asap.

Redwall
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:39 PM

As a teen mom, I might think your mother might just know a bit more than you do...of course I don't know her, she could be a hooker or a drug addict, but it doesn't sound that way.  If you have a HUGE problem move out...if you have no money to move out, suck it up.

evilsizer117
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:47 PM

Hello i am a teen mom too, and i too kinda had your probobly. My mother was finnancialy the only person helping and i had no job she wanted me to stay there as long as she could keep me and tried to take custody of my baby, i eventually left the state with my fiance with my (1 year old son at the time) now he is two and i was only 17 and didnt turn 18 for another whole 6 months she couldnt do anything about it and finnally gave up and now we are living togather with another baby girl in a very nice home and our babies have all they need. 

Teen.Mommy23
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:52 AM

No disrespect girl but your mom is trippn 

im 16 years old and i was old at the hospital before i went home after having my baby that it dont matter how old you are after you have your baby your considered an adult because you have to sign paper work like your an adult for your child, So your mother does not have the right to tell you how to raise your child

i hope my post has answered your question

.Angelica.
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:05 AM

good luck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)