Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Question...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM
  • 19 Replies

My name is Rebecca & im mother of 3 Beautiful boys (4,2,2weeks) As a young mother do u always feel like people are judging or looking down on you? Idk if its just me because im 20 with 3 kids?! It was MY choice to have my children..NOT my problem..i just wish people would understand that also, ive been with my childrens father for 6 years & we've been married for 18 months! Its just so annoying to be looked down upon because of my age..im a GOOD mother & making something of myself for me & my boys!! Does anybody else feel this way?

by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tlu92
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I feel like I'm looked down on because im a young unmarried mom. Me and so plan on getting married but not right now. But I try to keep in mind that what other people think doesn't matter because I'm a good mom regardless.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lizaK451
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:43 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm 20, with three children, 3,2,1, and a fourth due in July. All but our first are planned. My husband (who is the father of all my children) and I have been married for two years. We have never been on welfare, and the only assistance from families we have had is a house that they gave us. Other than that, we have supported ourselves and our children since I got pregnant with our oldest. We are good parents, with college degrees (my husband is working on getting his masters right now). People judge us and make comments. We ignore them and let our healthy, happy, intelligent, and wonderful children and our amazing marriage speak for us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOf3Boys05
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:45 PM

Quoting lizaK451:

I'm 20, with three children, 3,2,1, and a fourth due in July. All but our first are planned. My husband (who is the father of all my children) and I have been married for two years. We have never been on welfare, and the only assistance from families we have had is a house that they gave us. Other than that, we have supported ourselves and our children since I got pregnant with our oldest. We are good parents, with college degrees (my husband is working on getting his masters right now). People judge us and make comments. We ignore them and let our healthy, happy, intelligent, and wonderful children and our amazing marriage speak for us.

WOW!! Thats amazing! I know i shouldnt care what others think but, it is diffcult especally when its family!

shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:47 PM
I haven't ever gotten judgement. It helps that i live in a very open minded area.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOf3Boys05
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:53 PM

Quoting shadow_lark:

I haven't ever gotten judgement. It helps that i live in a very open minded area.

Yeah it does. I live in a small judgemental town =/

newmommytobe.
by on Apr. 30, 2012 at 11:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, I get looked down upon, mostly because I'm short and tiny and I don't look 19. It's annoying but it also reminds me how small minded people can be. They're not living your life so how the heck do they know if you're a good parent or not? Just put a smile on your face and live it up. (: Because who cares what they think? They may just be unhappy in their lives so they look down upon you and your life? I don't know. But if you don't know these people, screw them. If you do know people that do that to you, you might try talking to them and let them know how you feel and what they do, bothers you. You're a good mom, I'm sure. As long as your kids and you are happy, what else matters?

CafeMom Tickers
mcvencil
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:03 AM
1 mom liked this

I understand that! My husband and I have been married for 8 months and our son in 18 months old. Our area is FULL of  VERY Christian people who looked down on us BADLY for the 10 months that we weren't married with oru son. That whole thing has stopped since we're married, but the judgement of being a young mom hasn't. :(

You kinda just have to take the good with the bad: you can't tell everyone everywhere you're whole story and hope that they understand taht you're happy. Just know that you're probably happier than most of the people who look at you judgementally.

Hold your head high!

Quoting MommyOf3Boys05:

Quoting shadow_lark:

Yeah it does. I live in a small judgemental town =/

MommyOf3Boys05
by on May. 1, 2012 at 12:07 AM

Thank you guys for all your helpful advice & encouragement! =) Its a nice reminder im not alone & not care care about what people think as long as me, my husband & my kids are happy safe & healthy! =)

Vipergirl22
by on May. 1, 2012 at 1:04 AM

No I don't feel this way. I have chosen my life to go the way I want and I am happy with my choices. I really don't care what others think of them either. There are people who think me being an SAHM is a bad idea or I should be working but I am doing what makes me happy. And there are those who still don't know my daughter was a planned pregnancy. I am married and a mom, and I believe a good one at that. If people want to put me down for my choices then that is there problem.

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on May. 1, 2012 at 10:52 AM
Everyone judges people. You just need to learn to ignore it. They don't know you or your situation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)