Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

sex while on the pill..

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM
  • 15 Replies
So I have been on the pill for two weeks. The first week I was on it my hubby finished inside me on the 7th day...he is still doing that and I'm just wondering ...what are the chances of me getting preggo? Has it happened to u??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tm88rn
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:23 PM
It depends on your brand. Read your insert, it will tell you when you are safe. I've never used birth control, so it hasn't happened to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1.hot.mama2005
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:44 PM

There is always the possibility of getting pregnant. I'm not sure what the odd are, but if you are concerned about it, I suggest using condoms as well.

heather4511
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:45 PM
This. But I've heard you should use back up the first couple weeks.

Quoting tm88rn:

It depends on your brand. Read your insert, it will tell you when you are safe. I've never used birth control, so it hasn't happened to me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcvencil
by on May. 1, 2012 at 5:46 PM

They usually say to wait for one full pill pack to stop needing a backup birth control method. Read the pill pack booklet though for the answer for your pack.

Not being the bearer of bad news, but I've been on the pill since I was 15... and at 20, I have an 18 month old son. So nothing's fool proof and you need to make sure to take it at THE EXACT SAME TIME every single day. If you don't take it at the exact same time, use a condom or at least pull out. Just to be sure!

BeachMama05
by on May. 1, 2012 at 6:27 PM

they say use back up BC for the first 30 days! 

intel18
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:52 PM
Oh wow......that's making me worryed now!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MuhKayRuh
by on May. 1, 2012 at 7:57 PM

LOL WOW! Yeah, it doesn't work instantly. I would honestly give it AT LEAST two - three months!

Bgbluford785
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:03 PM
I was always told u should use a back up for the first month of using the pill. I have an iud bc I can never remember to take a pill
tiffany0214
by on May. 1, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Almost all bc takes at least 30 days to work but at the same time like a pp said...it doesn't work for everybody. I have been on bc since i was 14...took it religiously at 8pm and i am now 22 with a 3 yr old and a 1 year old. nothing is ever 100% effective at preventing pregnancy..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shadow_lark
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2012 at 8:41 PM

If you are taking it correctly,the chances vary between .5% and 2%, depending on the type of pill it is.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN