Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Not Good

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

It's probably not good that i can't trust DH. We have recently gotten back together after a long separation due to his drinking and what happened when he did and i just cant seem to stop freaking out around him. Sometimes I'm so scared i can't function and it's starting to affect my DD. Confused and frustrated. I just want to feel safe in my own home again.

Thanks for 'listening'

Baby Dust!!!!!

CafeMom Tickers
by on May. 1, 2012 at 9:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
C.H.E.L.S.E.A
by Silver Member on May. 1, 2012 at 10:10 PM

is he an alcoholic?

mommyof2soon29
by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:19 PM

I know it may be so hard to leave him and be apart but if you are scared in your own home this relationship is very unhealthy and long over. Its also not good for your daughter to be exposed to that, if she see's daddy treating mommy bad she is going to grow up thinking its okay to be treated like that. And I know you dont want this to happen to her. I hate to be so forward but you need honest advice on this. I grew up with my mom abused by my sisters father and it's something I will never forget as long as I live. My brother even resented my mother for a long time for staying with this guy (thankfully they arent together anymore) becuase as a "man" he knew he wanted to protect his mommy but because in reality he was a little boy he couldnt do anything and that to him was torture. I hope and pray for the best for you and your daughter. There is so much help out there to get you out of this situation. I hope you have somebody you trust that you can talk to. Good luck with everything. 

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:19 PM

It can take a lot of time, and a lot of action on the part of the offending party, to regain that trust that's been lost.

Hopefully you'll be able to work it all out.

remaining_me
by on May. 4, 2012 at 5:01 PM

hopefully things get better for you. give it time. has he gotten help for whatever went on (if it was that serious)? might help you to get some help too to learn to cope with what went on in the past.

1.hot.mama2005
by Esther on May. 4, 2012 at 5:04 PM
I hope things get better for you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)