Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Unplanned, young pregnancy. Coping with the fears-I need some courage.

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm anit-abortion. So that's out. And adoption, i couldn't bare it. Plus why would i even consider either or when i have the father by my side (we are married) but were both still very young. When baby gets here in December i will be 19 and he will be 20. We just got married in february, and didn't plan on this (though we should have been more cautious i guess we didn't think it would happen- silly us) Of course we will parent our baby. Of course we will love it. But is it so wrong that I'm freaked? I'm scared. I had plans, i haven't been through college i have a shitty weekend only job atm and my husband just got laid off. Its so much to bear. Were living in with his parents and they give me hell daily. The stress is unbearable. Though, there is joy too. I look down and even though i cant see the baby bump there yet, i still feel connected, i still feel whats going on inside my body, and i know i love it and will from now until the day i die. yet all these conflicting emotions are killing me. "will the baby be healthy, will i have a normal delivery (i am also over weight) will my husband stick with me through the stress or will this destroy our marriage because neither one of us are ready and both have high expectations of ourselves, will we be with his parents for ever and have the burden of them over our shoulders and there opinions constantly."

Someone has to be going through this as well and not just me. Advice? Success stories? Something please. i need some courage right now.

surrender

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:55 PM
Replies (31-31):
heathermn
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:44 PM
My DD was unplanned, her father told me she wasn't his and offered to pay for an abortion. I too am against abortion. And I too didn't see myself giving her to someone I didn't know and letting them be mommy and daddy. I'm a single mommy, hayden is about 8 months old. Her father wanted DNA to prove he had a daughter, we got it, and he now is at basic training for the guard. I work thurs-sun at the local theater and any other hours they offer so I can support my child. I had already finished college for the time being, but I was thinking of going back and getting my cosmetology license, now I'm considering nursing school when DD is old enough to go to school, might do CNA because it's shorter than going for LPN or RN. You can do this! Im not gonna lie, it's not easy if you're not expecting it, but I'm sure you have lots of support all around you. good luck and congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)