Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

Need some help. (Custody stuff) (No Bashing.)

Posted by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:58 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so this may sound complicated. I live with my Baby Daddy and his parents. We are not together. I live here because my mom is very very sick and cannot handle having myself and my twin girls in the house. The reason I do not have my own place is because right now I just cannot afford it. I am getting section 8 housing which isn't going to come through for another few months. But the thing is, is I have always pretty much gotten along well with the BD's family. Especially his mom. Until yesterday happened. Ok let me point out that the BD is never home. He is constantly out with his friends and doesn't help or pay for anything for our daughters unless he is actually forced. (His parents threaten to take his car...ect..) Now we are both 18 but he is still following mommy's instructions. Now yesterday he came home kind of early and me trying to be nice asked him how school was. He just laughed and said he wasn't in school. So I said oh ok so what did you do?. He got all offended and said none of your business. Now I had this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach that something weird was going on. So I flat out asked him if he went to the court to file for custody. Knowing him he wouldn't have done that without mommy telling him to. He filed for joint custody but the thing that I am angry about is that both his mother and him did this without talking to me about it. I would have been totallly open to the discussion but no one thought  it was important. Another thing that makes me angry is the BD has taken no interest in my daughters until he and I agreed to let his parents watch them for the weekend. (hardest thing I have done was say yes). Honestly I want sole custody and I want them both to understand that they cannot be making decisions when it comes to my kids without me. Especially since it is me that provides and takes care of my daughters. Anyone have any advice? Am I overreacting? NO BASHING!! YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED!!

by on May. 1, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
cutestmom24
by Member on May. 1, 2012 at 11:05 PM
When you go to court make sure you tell the judge that your the only one that provides for your daughters.I'm pretty sure the judge will give you sole custdy.
Good luck.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mymanben
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:09 PM

tell the courts how much you do for the kids. Show them the bills YOU pay., have friends/family that know how much you do be wittness that can testify on your behalf. 

MissMia22
by on May. 1, 2012 at 11:10 PM

Get out of that house asap.  Try to find a relative to move in with until your housing goes through.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)