Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Young Moms Young Moms

biting problem

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:08 PM
  • 7 Replies

ok so my 2 year old wants to bite his sister playfully, but doesnt realize it hurts her, everyone says the only way to stop it is to bite him back and make it hurt.....does ne one out there have a more sane way of stopping this habbit?

ps: the reason he bites is bc ppl play with him and pretend to "eat" him i guess...and they let him bite back. ive been telling them to stop so now its just a matter of getting him to stop too

by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
.Angelica.
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:22 PM

my son didn't ever bite so here's a bump. i wouldn't bite him though.

Lilmzmegz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:22 PM

My 2.5year old bites me from time to time. When she does this I lightly pop her in the mouth(Not hard enough to do any damage) I normally hold her face in my hands making her do the kissy face(That way i dont accidentally smack her in the teeth) and then pop her..So far this has worked for me she doesn't really bite anymore. but it also depends on your discipline styles. As every parent is different.

cajunpryncess92
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:31 PM

ive tried lighly hiting him, he got to where he gently bites me and he knows when i say sumthin that its wrong...its only when it comes to his sister. he leaves bruises on her and i feel bad bc i have to keep them apart  and they enjoy playing together...and hubby works on the boats so i cant watch time 24/7...its when i walk away to use the bathroom or cook that he does it...he knows its wrong or else he wouldnt wait till i was gone ya know...

Vipergirl22
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Try time outs..it is what we do with my daughter when she is being bad. Or I take her blanket away.

smwilliams
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:24 PM
My son is 7 months old and bites . He has his top teeth and bottom so he likes to bite with them . I just tell him no and show a sad face , and then give him something he can bite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
B-FigNewton
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:37 PM

You could try firmly telling him no and it isn't nice. Or you could give him a time-out. It doesn't sound as if it's his fault though. Good luck!

remaining_me
by on May. 5, 2012 at 4:07 PM

give it time. if that's how people play with him and they only just recently stopped he still doesn't know better. be firm when telling him no if he does it. no way would i bite my kid, lol. people are so ridiculous sometimes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)